Weird things your body does, and you wonder if it happens to others too?

(738 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Thu 19-Jul-12 21:14:02

I know Im not the only one.

I cant even be arsed to name change, here goes.

Nervous fanny.

You know when someone falls - hard and cracks their chin or elbow or whatever, my stomach drops, I get a shot of anxiety that shoots through the pit of my stomach down to my fanny. Right in the middle of my fanny I get a horrible feeling of anxiety.

Its only started in the last few years, its really unpleasant. Its like a bolt of aniexty, and I ONLY get it when someone hurts themselves. Wtf is that all about?

Anyway, what weird shit does your body do? Confess.

sittinginthesun Thu 19-Jul-12 21:41:24

Auntie - that one's got a name. It's Raynauds Syndrome. My fingers go white to when I'm driving.

SkivingAgain Thu 19-Jul-12 21:42:00

I can see 'nervous fanny' joining the MN lexicon and coming into popular usage. Imagine the dictionary entry...OHforDUCKScake will go down in history grin

ladywithnomanors Thu 19-Jul-12 21:43:31

Does anyone else get stabbing/shooting pains up their fanjo? I've no had it for a while but used to get it a lot.

AuntieBulgaria Thu 19-Jul-12 21:43:58

Latemyskinnyperson - yes, middle fingers. I wasn't sure whether to worry or not!

PieceOfTheMoon Thu 19-Jul-12 21:44:32

If I've got a pain somewhere I get what I can only describe as a mini-pneumatic drill noise/feeling in my ears. Never come across anyone else with this so must be a freak. Also get nervous fanny and moving itches.

bucketbetty Thu 19-Jul-12 21:44:50

I love these threads. I'm crying with laughter. I also get shooting pains up my fanjita!

EngeldinkHumpabert Thu 19-Jul-12 21:46:28

Yeah, I get the weird 'itch that is somewhere else entirely' thing. Except I think my itch is on the top of my left arm only to find it is really just below my navel on the right side. Properly odd.

I don't, however, have an itchy foot or a nervous fanny.

Nagoo Thu 19-Jul-12 21:47:20

I haven't had cobra spit since they renamed opal fruits.

My fanny is poised under pressure, not nervous at all.

<thinking>

EngeldinkHumpabert Thu 19-Jul-12 21:47:21

I do get the odd shooting fanjo pain though. Right up like a bolt of lightening.

Ephiny Thu 19-Jul-12 21:47:26

There are particular hair follicles on my leg where if the hair is pulled out I get a sharp pinching pain in my lower back confused.

MadamFolly Thu 19-Jul-12 21:48:06

I get spots on the inside of my elbows, have done for a few years. They brew for a few days then I can pop them although ot takes me ages as the pus is fairly deep. Don't get them anywhere else on my arms and they occur on both arms. I get one every few months.

Nagoo Thu 19-Jul-12 21:48:47

Oh, my head is all wierd, I can't let the hairdresser rub it. I am like one of those dogs that if you scratch behind their ear their leg goes up and down scratching.

LucyDeSpiderman Thu 19-Jul-12 21:49:25

I very rarely post but MadamFolly I get that too, and have spoken to 2 friends about it in the last couple of weeks, and they thought I was mad! So very happy to find out it's not just me.
Also get the nervous fanjo and when I scratch along my right collarbone I feel it all down my forearm.

BulletProofMum Thu 19-Jul-12 21:51:15

Crackles in my ear
Ridulously soft nails that I can bend backwards

toxtethogrady Thu 19-Jul-12 21:51:15

i had white bogies when pregnant, both times.
i have no idea why

EndoplasmicReticulum Thu 19-Jul-12 21:51:17

Twitchy eyelid anyone? Or is that just me?

BulletProofMum Thu 19-Jul-12 21:51:28

I get reynauds too

toxtethogrady Thu 19-Jul-12 21:52:12

nervous fanny grin

Wolfcub Thu 19-Jul-12 21:53:17

MadamFolly me too, I thought it was just me. I also can't lie on my stomach with my head raised - e.g lying on front to read or use laptop because I almost instantly get an intense cold crushing pain in the front of my head, it goes away shortly after changing position

Handsfullandinamuckingfuddle Thu 19-Jul-12 21:53:56

Yep to the twitcy eyelid - only when I am tired though.
I get a twitchy pulsey thing in my left arm - a bit like a baby licking ......but in my arm.confused

EyeoftheStorm Thu 19-Jul-12 21:54:07

That cobra spit is called 'gleeking'. Knew DH would come in useful one day - he's an Aussie and that's what they call it. Who knew?

Have also read threads on MN about javelin arse. I get that. Nice to put a name to it and know that I'm not alone.

Wolfcub Thu 19-Jul-12 21:54:21

not the spots the head thing

Ephiny Thu 19-Jul-12 21:54:42

Oh I get the twitchy eyelid thing, that's quite common isn't it? Also at times of stress though I have had twitchy upper arm and thigh muscles, have had the twitchy lip as well, and once bizarrely I had it in the muscles of my throat which made me think I was about to choke to death hmm

BogChicken Thu 19-Jul-12 21:54:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Handsfullandinamuckingfuddle Thu 19-Jul-12 21:55:02

kicking - not licking blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now