Talk

Advanced search

Bounty petition, NICE prolapse guidance, and podcasts: Autumn 2018 Better Postnatal Care campaign update

(19 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Oct-18 13:02:02

Hello

For anyone interested in our Better Postnatal Care campaign, here's an update for you.

For all of you who still want Bounty ladies off the wards, there's a petition in there for you to sign (but you can also find it here).

Thanks - and as ever please let us know what you think

MNHQ

PhilomenaButterfly Mon 15-Oct-18 13:37:00

Signed. 😆

littlecabbage Mon 15-Oct-18 20:34:24

Do the hospitals get paid to have the Bounty reps there? Otherwise I can’t imagine why they would allow them in.

cannotmakemymindup Mon 15-Oct-18 23:22:34

Ooh signed

Bellabutterfly2016 Tue 16-Oct-18 07:03:59

Just signed the bounty petition - please everyone get it signed.

I for one had a run in with them when having my first baby and so I'm sincerely hoping that I can't just avoid them this next time.

I don't understand why hospitals allow this invasion of privacy!!

Just leave the packs on peoples beds with a business card attached so that if people want photos etc they can call the rep! Simple!!!!

Gildashairflick Tue 16-Oct-18 08:41:03

Yes hospitals get paid a lot of money to allow bounty in. The reps also get information about patients too so they know who to hassle approach and who to avoid.

OneBiscuitAtATime Tue 16-Oct-18 09:26:17

Yep, they get a list of who’s delivered. I had the reps appear through my curtain 3 times in one morning because they’d ‘missed someone’ and were determined to track her down.

PipeTheFuckDown Tue 16-Oct-18 12:02:27

They get information? Just when I thought it couldn’t get any more grim. Perhaps they should have read mine properly and left me the fuck alone considering my newborn was in NICU with Sepsis.

Plasticgiraffe Tue 16-Oct-18 14:59:36

How do they get around the new supposed stricter GDPR rules, surely under data protection they shouldn't have a list of women's names? The bounty woman was fine with me last time but I was ready and gave her a short shrift despite having had EMCS

holyshitdude Tue 16-Oct-18 21:50:24

I applied for a job with bounty just for the sake of it, at the time I applied for everything, and I was shocked at how easy it was, although you are dbs checked, they wanted me to start straight away, I did decline because I remembered how pressured I felt to let them in my room and photograph baby and then make an order of photos that I didn't really want, I couldn't do that to some who had only just give birth.

2isabella2 Wed 17-Oct-18 00:26:52

I had two lovely Bounty photographers. No pressure from either. Didn't have them taken the first time and it was fine, did the second and we bought a couple for a much cheaper price than other newborn photographers!

MamaBearX Thu 18-Oct-18 12:33:43

I just got on the ward and only a few minutes later did the bounty lady come see me I said in a bit and at first I’d read about it and thought it sounded cool so I got the photo shoot done and then my baby started crying and she was telling me to watch the video while I was trying to feed my baby and then she gives me the prices and I’ve cried a lot because to own those pictures of my little baby I’ll have to pay £109 and I feel awful they let people like that come and use women’s Newly found love and emotion for this baby to get money out of them and hospitals allow this? Next baby I’m telling them to leave me alone 😢

AwdBovril Fri 19-Oct-18 20:17:21

Signed.

Bananacustardyum Sat 20-Oct-18 08:55:55

Signed

CookPassBabtridge Sat 20-Oct-18 13:40:27

Signed. I'm so glad the initial thread was started about how postnatal care can be improved. I felt so hounded by everyone while recovering from a section, all kinds of tubes hanging out of me, giant boobs flapping around trying to breastfeed, in so much pain and couldn't walk, woozy from GA.. and all these cheery bouncy women coming round the curtain every hour. FUCK OFF!

5ambreakfastclub Mon 22-Oct-18 04:04:25

Signed

Shuggas Mon 22-Oct-18 14:25:15

Signed! I hope it stops!

shawsonia700 Tue 23-Oct-18 20:47:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Welshmum16 Wed 24-Oct-18 10:23:54

Wow I didn't realise this happened,
I gave birth to my boy in a midwife led unit in a local town hospital, tour the only one there usually so no bounty reps.

But with GDPR no hospital staff would be allowed to give them ANY info of you, baby or family without prior permission and considering what you have just been through I do not think permission can be legally given while in labour or straight after birth.

I think if I ended up in the bigger hospital this time around and had them turn up I would put a complaint into the hospital about privacy etc.

The hospitals are in the wrong for letting this happen

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: