Talk

Advanced search

Child/Adult Train Fares

(2 Posts)
Clare2729 Tue 03-Oct-17 20:34:55

Hi, I have recently started a petition regarding train fares for 16-18 year olds in full time education. The current system means that children from 16 are charged adult prices on the trains. The law changed a few years ago stating that children had to stay in some sort of education until 18 yet they are being charged an adult price to get to their place of education. They are not classed as adults until 18 in this country when it comes to anything else and train fares should not be any different. Please sign and share my petition on all of your social media accounts. Many thanks in advance.

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-stop-children-under-18-being-charged-adult-fares-on-trains/nftexp/ex4/control/309053881?recruiter=309053881&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_content=ex4%3Acontrol

Gp1210 Wed 05-Jun-19 15:43:01

Hi there, How did you get on with the petition? I've just written to London Northwestern to ask about their policy of charging 16-18 year olds full fare as I've got 1.5 years before my son is that age. Was thinking of lobbying my MP also.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »