Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(3 Posts)
rebeccajayneh1992 Sat 24-Jun-17 03:53:50

I have Just suffered a miscarriage at what I thought was 11 weeks but it was silent so really 8 weeks and everyone thinks that because the baby wasn't planned that it seems okay, I already have a little boy who will be 2 next month and I love him with all my heart and I feel lucky to have him to help me through this but I still feel so sad for the baby that I have lost my partner is amazing and fully supportive but doesn't understand I just need to talk to someone else who has lost a baby so I can feel sane that I lost a baby that was never in my arms and feel sad about it and not strong for everyone else

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sat 22-Jul-17 19:20:57

I've just seen your post and didn't want to leave it unanswered.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I also have a 2.5yo and have had two losses this year; one at 10 weeks and 5 weeks.
It's so fucking brutal and although partners can be supportive and loving as you like it still messes with your head.

I am glad you also have a little one to 'focus' on - it doesn't stop it hurting but I keep reminding myself that I've been lucky enough to experience it this way round and not have losses without having a child to keep me positive.

Fingers crossed for you OP. There is a really helpful miscarriage / loss talk section here

BexMassey Tue 03-Jul-18 21:59:15

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first baby due to a missed miscarriage. I found out at my 12wk scan and it was the most devastating and traumatic experience. My husband was obviously crushed by the experience too (we'd been struggling with infertility for a couple of years), but he didn't have the same bond as I did and found it difficult to understand the depth of love I have for a baby I didn't get to hold.

I did go on to have our much loved and longed for rainbow baby, and my experiences led to me starting to vlog about infertility and motherhood after it.

I've made a few support videos on infertility, miscarriage and ways to honour the loss of your baby. If you want to message me, I'm happy to lend an ear and if you want to see the videos, just type Bex Massey miscarriage into You Tube.

Thinking of you,
Bex x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »