Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. Go here for other campaigns or petitions.

Miscarriage care campaign - update

(26 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Dec-14 14:06:25

Hello all

Those of you who've been following our Miscarriage Care Campaign might like to know that we had a very positive meeting with Andy Burnham in Parliament yesterday, where along with a few other organisations we started to flesh out what a policy to improve miscarriage care might look like. We've got some more work and research and data-gathering to do before we move to something concrete but there was lots of agreement in the room about the kinds of things that need to improve - all based on our Code of Care.

Thought you might like to know - we'll keep you updated of course.

Thanks
MNHQ

Taffeta Wed 10-Dec-14 14:46:13

Great work, great news. flowers

AMillionNameChangesLater Wed 10-Dec-14 17:47:09

Brilliant work

butterflyroom Wed 10-Dec-14 18:10:43

Thank you

Messygirl Wed 10-Dec-14 18:29:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButEmilylovedhim Wed 10-Dec-14 18:59:14

Great! Well done and thank you.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Wed 10-Dec-14 19:05:32

Good news, Thank you.

RumAppleGinger Wed 10-Dec-14 19:34:36

Thank you.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 19:35:25

Wonderful news.

FizzyPinkWine Wed 10-Dec-14 20:19:38

Very good news. Thanks for your hard work.

GetMe Wed 10-Dec-14 20:21:07

Brilliant news, this is so important. Thank you.

MammaTJ Wed 10-Dec-14 21:36:02

In my area it is fab! They send the foetus off straight away once the MC has been surgically managed. They send notification to everyone who would be dealing with the pregnancy and the minister. There is an option to attend a service at the crematorium!

All done with the woman in mind. From my experience, appt made with EP clinic immediately.

evelynj Wed 10-Dec-14 21:49:46

Great mumsnet.

Easy on the exclamation points there mamma, it's still a difficult place to be no matter how well it's managed. My area are good for sorting the admin side too, same procedure as yours.

I have to say mumsnet was a godsend for me when I had a recent missed miscarriage, could talk easier about here than RL

MammaTJ Thu 11-Dec-14 06:02:53

Easy on the exclamation points there mamma, it's still a difficult place to be no matter how well it's managed.

Thanks but having had three miscarriages, I don't need telling how difficult it is!!!!

I don't think two exclamation marks in a post about something so upsetting is excessive! Your reaction to them is!

TaytoCrisp Thu 11-Dec-14 06:56:07

Great work mumsnet! Thanks so much.

ginghambingham Thu 11-Dec-14 07:14:26

I'm going through a medically managed miscarriage now. The 'care' I've received has been appalling. If I can help or contribute to the campaign in any way, please let me know.

42notTrendy Thu 11-Dec-14 08:12:57

Brilliant. Thank you.

Mrsm14 Thu 11-Dec-14 08:40:40

Thanks for taking this on and fingers crossed all ladies going through this get proper care soon.

Appervine Thu 11-Dec-14 13:30:14

Thank you for taking up this campaign. I had recurring miscarriages and my care was patchy to say the least. Mumsnet was a godsend at the time.

CommanderShepard Thu 11-Dec-14 15:28:03

As someone going through this right now, thank you so much.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Dec-14 15:44:45

Thanks very much all. flowers to those of you going through it at the moment.

Those who've asked what they could do to help (because we all need more to do this time of year, right? grin) - we're glad you asked...

Please go to this page to tell the Conservatives that you'd like a manifesto commitment from them too

(Norman Lamb has already signed up in principle for the LibDems although we're still working on the firm manifesto commitment)

Obviously we don't know who will win the 2015 General Election, so the only way to guarantee that this gets addressed by the next government is to get all the major parties signed up and doing the sort of preparatory work that the Labour health team is doing now.

Thanks all

OddFodd Thu 11-Dec-14 21:44:43

Nice work Rowan (and team) smile

Marmaladecat1 Thu 11-Dec-14 21:53:38

Thanks your efforts are very much appreciated flowers

Blondieminx Sat 13-Dec-14 00:16:21

Nice work MNHQ, and thanks x

PaleoTillChristmas Sat 13-Dec-14 17:59:46

So glad this is happening flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now