Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. Go here for other campaigns or petitions.

campaign against rising fuel costs?

(4 Posts)
kamarastar Wed 13-Jul-11 15:51:45

Could we mumsnetters make links with other organisations such as Child Poverty Action and Age Concern against the rise in fuel costs?

2shoes Wed 13-Jul-11 15:52:36

yes please, I am dreading this,

SinicalSal Wed 13-Jul-11 15:54:34

How though?
It's a global thing isn't it? Or would you concentrate more on the taxes side of things - don't know the UK fuel tax situation but would it make much difference?

kamarastar Wed 13-Jul-11 17:13:26

Apologies: by fuel I mean gas and electric.

Not sure how. I just know this is going to impact awfully on me and my little family.

Also, the 'big six' companies are turning over huge profits which doesn't justify another hike in energy price.

I think collating of stories as to how this hike is going to impact would be a good start and opinions around the wholesale purchase and dissemination of energy would to kick-start scrutiny would be good.

Don't have facts and figures myself, but believe it to be morally wrong and would like to something to be done in some way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now