Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. Go here for other campaigns or petitions.

Prescription Charges in England

(6 Posts)
DameShirleyKnot Thu 12-May-11 22:36:02

I'm not sure if this a "new" campaign, or something that has been hashed over time and time again, and so...I place this here.

How can it be just and fair that we in England continue to pay £7.40 per item when Wales and Scotland (as far as I understand NI are also exempt?) have opted out of this grossly unfair tax on the sick?

We cannot any longer sit back and allow this to be the case and I urge everyone who reads this, and MNHQ to take up the case for free prescription charges in England.

£7.40 per item

This is unreasonable. You know it, I know it and the government know it. Please act and add your name to the thread below and maybe we can make a difference.

PrinceHumperdink Thu 12-May-11 22:38:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kormachameleon Thu 12-May-11 22:39:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JBellingham Tue 17-May-11 13:30:25

It is wrong, as is the Barnett formula that gives more money per head to people in Scotland Wales and NI. They should all have independance and be self financing.

Mdhal Fri 07-Oct-11 13:56:48

Totally unfair!

edam Fri 07-Oct-11 14:00:08

It's appalling and unjust. People on low incomes (but not able to get free prescriptions) often have to go without medicine because they simply can't afford it - and the number of those people is bound to grow in this recession. £7.40 may not sound a lot to your average Cabinet minister but it's per item, so someone with asthma may be paying £14.80 or even more - and that could be every month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now