Talk

Advanced search

Any chance of putting some courses on oop norf?

(10 Posts)
KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 22-Jan-13 12:27:13

I've been looking through the Academy courses and am interested in the writing courses. Prob is that anything in London makes it prohibitively expensive.

With enough notice I can cobble together enough money for the course. However, by the time I’ve added in my train fare, which is around £100 from where I am and two night’s hotel stay as I would have to travel down the night before to get there on time, the cost has changed from £299 to at least £500 + any other expenses, which is bonkers.

Even the cheaper one day courses still cost loads for travel and accommodation, which rules them out – Paying a couple of hundred pounds for a £75 course just doesn’t make sense.

I know there’s sod all chance of having any courses put on in Kendal or Preston, but would Manchester be out of the question?

Pretty please?

happyherdwick Tue 22-Jan-13 12:33:33

...or Carlisle??

Chocolateporridge Tue 22-Jan-13 12:34:25

Or Glasgow...

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 22-Jan-13 13:08:27

Carlisle would be good - if I book in advance it only costs me £6.50 to get there grin.

celebmum Tue 22-Jan-13 13:09:36

or Leeds! grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 22-Jan-13 13:15:18

Or Glasgow....

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 22-Jan-13 13:20:22

In fact, Carlisle would be better than Manchester for me. It would also be a between point between where I am and Glasgow.

Sorry Leeds, but its a PITA to get to you from the lakes grin

happyherdwick Tue 22-Jan-13 14:13:42

Keema! Everywhere is a PITA to get to from the lakes!!!

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 22-Jan-13 16:04:17

Noooo, so long as its near the west coast mainline its fine.

Its just the other 95% of the county that its a real fucker to get to and from.

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 22-Jan-13 16:07:12

I know for a fact that I can easily get to Penrith, Oxenholme the Lake District, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan Northwestern, Warrington Bank Quay and London Euston only.

<hasn't sat at Carlisle station so many times she knows all of the stops for the Virgin Pendolino service, honest>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now