Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TAMBA card for money off shoes!

(7 Posts)
TwoIfBySea Sat 13-Aug-05 17:52:46

Am I the only one not to have known about this?

Went to the Clarks outlet store to buy new shoes for dst starting the next term of nursery next week. While paying the woman asked us for our TAMBA card.

Well, up until that point I had never heard of it! Apparently HVs are supposed to tell you about it and it gets you 10% off shoes. So 2 pairs of clarks cost £35, not bad going but I wish I had known about it sooner! We got the discount despite no card and are going to the health centre on Monday to find out why we weren't told and to get one.

God, is it that if you don't know what to ask for you don't get? Really ticked off as we are on a budget and this really helps!

MarsLady Sat 13-Aug-05 18:02:40

they don't particularly tell you things like that. You need to go onto the TAMBA website and join. Hang on will look for my card to get the addy for you

MarsLady Sat 13-Aug-05 18:04:58

sorry this computer doesn't seem to have a forward slash so I can't link for you.

www.tamba.org.uk

it's not free honey you need to sign up for it and join them. Not too bad. You get a couple of magazines a year and offers and details of other discounts. hth

MarsLady Sat 13-Aug-05 18:06:21

ooh forgot.....
Snail mail:

Tamba
2 The Willows
Gardner Road
Guildford
Surrey
GU1 4PG
0870 770 3305

Evening and weekend confidential helpline:
0800 138 0509

MarsLady Sat 13-Aug-05 19:14:29

twoifby.... quick bump for you to see.

TwoIfBySea Sun 14-Aug-05 20:00:23

Ah cheers Mars Lady!

This will save me a fortune! I have always felt really bad (despite the anti-Clarks threads on here) that we can rarely afford to buy them "proper" shoes. It is almost like blackmail as most of the time they run around barefoot and have perfect looking feet and I am always careful when buying shoes out of cheaper stores.

MarsLady Sun 14-Aug-05 20:01:08

glad it's helpful for you babe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now