Talk

Advanced search

Isn't it weird how your view of the world changes...

(6 Posts)
poorbuthappy Sun 01-Nov-09 12:05:41

once you have twins/triplets/delete as applicable...

Relative of ours is pregnant...due the end of april. She also has a dd who will be 1 at the end of december.

Whilst sat on the floor last night with a 5 year old hanging off the back of my neck, and our 11 month old twins crawling/lolling/sitting on and around my legs I commented that it would probably be really hard work to have 2 so young...

He just looked at me...hmm

And it took me a good few minutes to realise what he meant!

MarsLady Sun 01-Nov-09 18:11:18

LOL! grin I know what you mean.

TeaSleepFood Sun 01-Nov-09 18:12:32

Do you know what? I look at my friends with 2 children under two of different ages and think 'gosh, that looks hard'! I mean how do they nap? When do they fit the cups of tea in? My life would be hell wink

ALthough I did go for a cup of tea with one the other day who was trying to manage her two children and she actually said to me ' welcome to my world - having two is a completely different matter'. I swear she said it with a straight face and not a hint of irony. My DTs are 22 months btw and certainly don't count as one!

kathryn2804 Mon 02-Nov-09 16:42:09

I always thought having twins is about 1 1/2 times the work of one baby. My friend the other day, who has 2 singletons, said she reckoned 2 singletons was 2 1/2 times the work of one!! I thought, blimey!!

verytellytubby Sun 08-Nov-09 22:57:28

I've always thought that having twins is not double the hard work, it's triple or more! Actually it's having 2 newborns at the same time which is the hardest bit.

LongStory Sun 08-Nov-09 23:19:16

21 months between my first two, that was really hard. Number 3 was ok, I'd kind of got the hang of it by then. Found twins (4&5) were much easier than any of the other 3. But think that's because I'd got the hang of it by then and was much more structured. They tend to sleep and feed when they're supposed to, which is a bit of a shock to me. (unless i leave DH in charge early in the day - never seems to go right after than!)...

on the OP's question: definitely my view of life has changed since surprise twins. Now it's just what I need to do to get through the day / week / next stage. Also much stricter about people wasting my time. Also avoid any complicated plans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now