Talk

Advanced search

Moms who have had more than one c-section....?

(7 Posts)
ConsidertheLilies Tue 20-Oct-09 03:46:14

How was your recovery the first time versus the second time?

If it was easier the second time around why do you think that was?
If it was harder... why?

fustilarian Tue 20-Oct-09 13:25:18

Much easier the second time, even though it was twins. Partly because c section was planned not emergency, but also because I knew the ropes more and having a toddler didn't give me time to feel rubbish really. And they cut out my messy old scar and gave me a brand new one, which was nice.

idobelieveinfairies Tue 20-Oct-09 13:27:40

More or less the same..bit more pain because of being sterilised though..but all very manageable....better looking scar 2nd time round too.

procrastinatingparent Tue 20-Oct-09 13:28:04

Had 4 sections - I think they got easier each time. I knew to take it easy, I got lots of help in, they weren't emergencies.

Twintummy Tue 20-Oct-09 18:56:03

Much easier second time around. My first was an emergency after an awful 14 hours of labour so I was physically exhausted and I was quite tramautised. Second was elective. I knew what to do and my scar was actually improved.

RainRainGoAway Tue 20-Oct-09 19:02:11

Much much easier second time around as well.

First time was very traumatic labour and emerg cs under general. Second time all nice and planned with a spinal.

littlemissm Thu 22-Oct-09 10:16:30

I found my first c-section easier then again i was only 17. Second was with my twins took abit longer to recover wasnt jumping around 42 hrs after like my first lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: