Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody managed with a single pram and a sling ?

(11 Posts)
MillyMollyMoo Tue 13-Oct-09 09:36:31

I went to have a look at twin buggies yesterday - am a bit of a planner, don't find out if both embryo's took until 2nd Novemeber.
Anyway I don't fancy any of them, the ones that rear face are the ones that seem to get slated in reviews hmm
Plus I have single prams coming out of my ears.
So am I kidding myself ? We pretty much drive everywhere so I'm thinking for days out with 2 pairs of hands rather than long walks.

bluefootedpenguin Tue 13-Oct-09 16:12:02

My friend managed with a pram, buggyboard and sling for 5 months but has eventually given in and bought the nipper 360 double which she loves. She has resigned herself to the fact that she'll probably only use it for 6 months or so at the moment and then back to a single before number 3 comes along! She walks almost everywhere.

mrsjammi Tue 13-Oct-09 16:15:50

Message withdrawn

clayre Tue 13-Oct-09 16:17:36

what is the smallest age gap likely to be?

MillyMollyMoo Tue 13-Oct-09 18:22:40

I dunno 10 to 15 minutes ?

clayre Tue 13-Oct-09 18:37:36

Ah your aiming for twins? i thought you were going to have a new baby and a toddler!

I had a new baby and a toddler and bought a twin buggy and hardly used it so i wouldnt reccomend buying one!

BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 18:40:47

This is in multiple births

I haven't had twins but I did use a stretchy wrap sling for 90% of the time when DS was <6 months old. I could wear it for up to about 6 hours without getting back ache.

When they are first born, you might be able to fit them both into one carrycot? Do carrycots have straps? I never used one.

MillyMollyMoo Tue 13-Oct-09 18:40:50

Lol well I wouldn't say we're queing up for twins, more sort accepting the almost envitable grin

BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 18:47:49

Or try searching for "twin travel system" in google - it brings up lots of pushchairs which are forward facing twin pushchairs but also take car seats and/or carrycots, so they would be rearfacing to begin with (using the carrycot/car seat) and then a normal forward facing double after a few months.

I know having babies in carseats isn't recommended for long but once they have grown out of the carrycots you could then use the carseats for a bit as they will be a bit bigger and more able to cope with it by then, if that makes sense.

MillyMollyMoo Tue 13-Oct-09 18:54:22

It's the normal forward facing one I really don't want, my other three all faced me and made eye contact and watched my lips and were practically ready for Oxbridge at 3, I'd hate to short cange the last babe just because it happemed to be a twin.
So that's basically a twin bugaboo bee i'm after, actually seriously I wonder if those conector things would work ?

mummytotwins Tue 13-Oct-09 23:22:12

The first wheels city twin has seats that can face you and face away if thats any help. They stock them in my John Lewis, and they are on the website too. HTH x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now