Talk

Advanced search

Negative reactions to twins

(9 Posts)
MillyMollyMoo Mon 28-Sep-09 10:57:17

Our parents were never going to be pleased even with one, but we're having two embryo's put back on Thursday and if I'm lucky enough to be given twins my MIL in particular is going to hit the bloody roof.
Did anyone else have to deal with this situation and what did you do/say ?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 28-Sep-09 10:57:57

Tell her to mind her own business!

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 10:58:47

F-Off????

Why don't they want you to have dc btw?

MillyMollyMoo Mon 28-Sep-09 11:01:20

Oh we have three already and we were stupid enough to ask her to pay £2,000 towards the youngests nursery fee's because DH was made redundant and we didn't want her to miss out just for the sake of a few months.
So everytime she see's us she complains she hasn't bought a laptop/been on the 5th holiday that year/is only staying 3 nights at a wedding because she had to pay for our child. First time we've asked for anything in 9 years hmm

curiositykilled Mon 28-Sep-09 22:32:35

ahh, can understand her frustration then. Could you try and pay back some of the `£2000?

It's not really her business to tell you whether you can have another or how many you can have but I can see how she is able to make you feel guilty. She doesn't sound particularly nice. My mum has tendencies to offer things and then get martyred about it, you have to grow a thick skin.

CrystalTits Mon 28-Sep-09 23:02:22

"Double the love/cuddles/etc" (usually in response to 'double trouble')
Try to be unremittingly positive about the prospect, even to the extent of being Devil's Advocate to whatever she says, and she may eventually give up trying to get you down. Has the added bonus of making you feel really positive about it too!
Or, if all else fails, ask her to bugger off. grin
I once overheard a woman say that she'd kill herself if she had twins (this was within earshot of me with my newborn DTs). I very nearly suggested she went ahead.
Good luck with the ET, fingers crossed you hit the jackpot!

MillyMollyMoo Tue 29-Sep-09 11:18:57

Ah well they are going in today so fingers crossed, one is much stronger than the other but I would really really love them both, fingers crossed grin

curiositykilled Tue 29-Sep-09 17:35:41

Hope it has gone well.

MillyMollyMoo Tue 29-Sep-09 18:07:57

Thank you so far so good grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now