Talk

Advanced search

Is this urgent? (TMI and copied from Childbirth thread)

(14 Posts)
firsttimetwins Mon 21-Sep-09 05:36:50

Am assuming nobody else is up right at the moment but am trying to keep myself busy. Am 31+5 with twins, at last 2 dr.'s appts my cervix had shortened to 1 cm (same at both appts so stable after first shortening). Dr said not to worry, but if there were any contractions, to go straight to hosp. Haven't had any contractions as such, but for last few days been "leaking" a bit more than normal (been leaking for some time anyway though cause twin 2 is playing football with my bladder!) and the liquid is clear rather than the normal yellowish of bladder leakage... Was ignoring it, but last night/this morning had a tiny bit of bloody mucous when wiping and on panty liner (sorry if TMI...) and a feeling a bit like mild menstrual cramps. My normal dr. opens at 10 am, it's currently 6.25. Have tried ringing hospital for reassurance but no answer at the moment, though they're meant to be there 24h. Thought about just heading to hosp but since there's every chance I'm just paranoid, reckon I might be better waiting for dr., who'll be open in 3 and a half hours anyway. Anyone got any thoughts?

barbiebigpants Mon 21-Sep-09 05:38:45

i have no idea but didnt want your post to go un answered! Can you maybe phone a&e...they might be able to advise or at least be able to put you through to someone who can help?

Sorry i cant help more, but good luck!

firsttimetwins Mon 21-Sep-09 05:45:30

Thanks, maybe should do that. Am in Germany so no NHS direct or anything. Will try the hosp again now. Bet i'm just being paranoid though...

firsttimetwins Mon 21-Sep-09 05:47:50

Got through this time, they said to go in...

barbiebigpants Mon 21-Sep-09 14:36:39

whats happened? hope everything is ok.....

curiositykilled Mon 21-Sep-09 20:57:17

you OK firsttime?

firsttimetwins Sat 03-Oct-09 21:11:07

Hey, thanks for messages. Went into hospital, spent 2 days on drip to stop contraction, got injections to mature babies' lungs and Rosa (4 lb 10) and Astrid (3 lb 11) were born be emergency c-section on 23rd Sept. Have been in hospital with them since then. They're doing really well, have been breathing unaided since the first day and Rosa is now feeding alone too, Astrid still needs a bit of help with a tube but only cause she's so small. Thanks for support, I think we are very lucky with the care we are receiving.

mummytotwins Sun 04-Oct-09 00:10:47

wow!!! congratualtions on the birth of your twins, what fantastuc weights for such early babies!! they sound like they are doing amazingly well, I am sure they will be home with you very soon, congrtulations again and welcome to the crazy world of twin mummyhood, its hard work but a lot of fun too xxx

cathcat Sun 04-Oct-09 00:13:15

Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your new daughters.

LargeGlassofRed Sun 04-Oct-09 22:01:57

ah lovely news congratulations smile

morningpaper Sun 04-Oct-09 22:07:27

congrats! Well done. Glad they are well. Lovely lovely names.

TheProvincialLady Sun 04-Oct-09 22:09:02

Congratlationssmile

curiositykilled Mon 05-Oct-09 07:56:27

Well done! Big congratulations!

kathryn2804 Mon 05-Oct-09 16:58:53

Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now