Talk

Advanced search

Any advice?

(5 Posts)
PixieOnaLeaf Sat 19-Sep-09 18:38:25

Message withdrawn

faeriefruitcake Sat 19-Sep-09 23:44:58

sleep, sleep and more sleep.

Join and go to your local twin club the chaos will make you feel so much better.

Did I mention sleep?

And brace yourself for all the stupid comments that will be coming your way.

Northernlurker Sat 19-Sep-09 23:52:48

Congratulations that sounds so exciting (if a little scary)

No personal experience but my mate who had twins found one of those big pillows that wraps round you was invaluable for feeding them.

curiositykilled Sun 20-Sep-09 01:06:14

Rest as much as you can,
Expect that the pregnancy might be much harder work and more time consuming than with your singletons,
Be ready to accept help if it is offered,
Don't listen to any doomsayers,
Plan how you'd like your birth as early on as possible so you can arrange it properly.

Congrats!

1stMrsF Mon 21-Sep-09 13:46:28

If you work, give up as early as you can - like at about 28 weeks if possible
Rest and eat a lot
Don't listen to people who say you have to do things a certain way. You can deliver twins naturally, breastfeed them, breastfeed them on demand, breastfeed them separately etc. etc. whatever works for you.
Get as much help around you as possible in the early weeks. The first 6 are pretty awful and then things start to improve. Hopefully your older DCs will fulfil this role nicely!
I was dismayed to find how difficult it is to do things with twins - coffee mornings, mother and baby groups, shopping, going out for coffee/lunch - these are all things I imagined myself doing when I found out I was pg and which you probably did with 1 baby, but it's pretty hard with 2 - readjust your expectations and when people offer to help you, get them to come along on such outings to make them possible.
A mum of twins who also has older DCs like you told me she felt guilty all the time because the DTs didn't get the individual attention that her singleton DCs got. My DTs are my first so I don't have that comparison, but the comment stuck with me - you can only do what you can do, but I try to have a little individual time with each every day - a play session while the other one amuses themselves or make sure I bath them a few times a week (getting other people to bath them is a great way of getting a rest!)
HTH - there was another thread like this on here about 6 months ago which had some great advice on it so it's worth searching for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now