Talk

Advanced search

Would gift would you like?

(8 Posts)
LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 16-Sep-09 11:01:44

My sister has just had twin boys and has an 16month old at home as well.
What gift would you like for yourself and also for the twins if this was you? I want to get something useful but my mind is a blank. Would you prefer a nappy service, cleaner or ??????
She is also in Australia.
Thanks

frumpygrumpyisacoffeeRevel Wed 16-Sep-09 11:05:41

For the first 6 months:

Laundry service!
Meals!
Cleaner!

These will be tricky to offer long-distance.......hmm

Personally, I wanted to be able to enjoy my children more and worry less about all the rest.

You might have to ask her what you can do for her. IMHO, any gift which isn't practical just got left behind in the fog of survival with three small children.

frumpygrumpyisacoffeeRevel Wed 16-Sep-09 11:08:08

And I mean the entire laundry...taken away and returned clean and ironed. In the early days, family would sometimes collect a bag of dirty laundry from me and return it the next day, clean and ironed. It was a bit of a lifeline for a few weeks, especially if you get a sicky baby who bring up in your bed.

Maybe a doula/daily help. It can be very supportive knowing someone is coming in and you only have to hold it together until then.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 16-Sep-09 11:08:34

I am in London and she is in Aus so there is not much I can do for her on a personal basis. I would be there in a flash if I could. I was thinking about having food delivered regularly so she is not worried about cooking and also a laundry service too. I have asked her but she says she is ok but then she will always so no to help (stubborn she is).

frumpygrumpyisacoffeeRevel Wed 16-Sep-09 11:11:58

I said no to help too grin

Are you close? Would she be honest and tell you if things were so busy she was buckling? Maybe you could send a gorgeous photo frame for the first family photo (took me more than 6 months to get us all happy and clean in the one photo) and keep the laundry service/meals up your sleeve for a few weeks time when she might be worn out.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 16-Sep-09 11:16:54

We are close and she would tell the truth but I feel useless being on the other side of the world and our mum is being a cow right now. Will just wait until she says something for now I guess but will investigate ideas for the future I guess. Will do nappies. 3 kids in nappies at once will not be fun!

frumpygrumpyisacoffeeRevel Wed 16-Sep-09 11:21:26

Extra hands are always needed. Fly out!!!!! grin Cook, clean, tidy, take babies out for a walk twice a day. Go on. grin

Wish I had a sister......good for you. Why is your mum being a cow? Mooing suits no-one.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 16-Sep-09 20:38:46

Mum has issues, with everyone and everything but herself.
Would love to fly out but can't afford it at the moment and can't get holidays either right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now