Talk

Advanced search

Any advice on carrying twins?

(9 Posts)
LargeGlassofRed Sun 13-Sep-09 21:18:03

I would like to be able to find a good sling or wrap to carry my dts.
Has anyone done this, I've got one ring sling which is good but wondered if its possible to carry 2 in one or use 2 at once?
At times when they are both crying and needing a cuddle I think it would be really useful
Thanks

KeithTalent Mon 14-Sep-09 13:20:52

Hi, when my twins were the same age as yours (about 3 months?) I started carrying one on my back in a Patapum carrier. I would really recommend a ssc as when you're carrying 2 long wraps are too hot, fiddly and time consuming.

The second baby would go on my hip or front just tied on in a short wrap.

I sometimes carried them together on my front, but was worried about dt2 as she seemed squashed by dt1. Also, like you I have older dc and couldn't do anything with them as I couldn't see over the babies!

Most commonly I would have one dt on my back and the other in a single buggy.

hth!

curlyredhead Mon 14-Sep-09 14:31:10

I carried two at once a few times in a kari me (stretchy wrap) or a ring sling (I used a maya wrap lightly padded). From about 4 weeks I started acrrying one on my back in a kozy mei tai and one on the front in a stretchy wrap - pretied the stretchy, put baby on back, put baby in stretchy on front.

Now (they are 15 months) I tend to carry one on my back in the kozy and push one in a buggy, like KT, but also find one on my back and one in arms is fine for short trips or things like pottering round someone else's house when my dd1 (4yrs) is round playing and both twins want to be up and with me.

I have also managed recently to have one in a ring sling on my front, and one on my back in the kozy (again, put the ring sling on first, then baby onto back, then put baby on front).

Good luck with it!

loubloutwinmum Mon 14-Sep-09 15:32:52

I just bought a hip seat for a friend who has just had a baby as she suffers with lower back pain. I'm am not sure if they do a double one for twins but even a single hip seat would have been so useful with my two. I got her one off Amazon - will try to post a link - probably won't work!

www.amazon.co.uk/Hippychick-HIP001-Hipseat-Black/dp/B000NI2YEE

Obviously no good for tiny babies but after a few months would be great.

firsttimetwins Mon 14-Sep-09 15:39:09

There's the Weego Twin double carrier, which I have read good reviews of; I'm currently debating whether to get one myself as I'm expecting twins. Does anyone have any experience with it? The only thing is it's only any use until the babies are about 6 months, so it might be too late for you?
I'm not sure whether links usually work, but I'll give it a go:

http://www.weego.com/en/produkte/weego_twin.php

kathryn2804 Mon 14-Sep-09 16:33:18

Apparently you can tie a ring-sling for twins. If you go to www.slingmeet.co.uk/ and find your nearest advisor, they can go through it with you

LargeGlassofRed Mon 14-Sep-09 21:27:58

Thanks for the advice all,
keithTalent sorry being thick whats a ssc.
I haven't tried a stretchy wrap, curlyred will see if I can try one.
I had a hipseat for my older dc's and found them great for carrying toddlers.
Thanks firsttimetwins I had seen that sing but would prefer combining two, as I think its as you say more suited to younger ones.
kathryn I've looked at the slingmeet site and joined think it will be really helpful to meet and try some different slings, thanks.

KeithTalent Mon 14-Sep-09 22:15:41

ssc- soft structured carrier like Ergo.

Stretchy wraps great but not for carrying both together- you will need a woven wrap I think.

Two pashminas sometimes worked for me (tight emoticon).

LargeGlassofRed Mon 14-Sep-09 22:30:54

Thanks, I like the look of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now