Talk

Advanced search

My cousin has just had twins! What could I send them as a really useful present?

(9 Posts)
HelenaBonhamCarter Sat 12-Sep-09 20:04:27

I didn't realise they were expecting twins - had them on facebook for a while but we don't really chat much.

They are a lovely couple in their twenties and these are their first babies...both boys smile

I'd like to send a useful present but no idea what would be good.

Any thoughts most welcome!

throckenholt Sat 12-Sep-09 20:06:17

something nice for the mum- they will get loads of presents for the babies an a mum of newborn twins can often feel forgotten in the general excitement.

duckyfuzz Sat 12-Sep-09 20:07:11

a case of wine
some nice ready meals
a cleaner

I'd have loved any of those when I'd just had twins

HelenaBonhamCarter Sat 12-Sep-09 20:49:02

Erm can't stretch to a cleaner I'm afraid grin

I have to be able to send it in the post.
Will think in terms of luxury toiletry item for cousin's fiancee.

Thankyou. smile

throckenholt Sun 13-Sep-09 08:36:34

Might be better to be something edible - she might not get time to do much soaking in a bath for a while

But anything that shows you are thinking about her rather than the babies would be good.

HelenaBonhamCarter Sun 13-Sep-09 12:24:13

Thanks...good point. I haven't ahd a bath in, well about a year grin

I went to TKMaxx in the end and found two identical little Gund Winnie the Pooh bears, each carrying a blue posy of flowers. Well, they'll look nice on the shelf, even if not baby friendly!

I'll send some chocs and a card as well.

Egg Sun 13-Sep-09 15:18:19

I know you have already bought your pressies now, but I really appreciated CHAMPAGNE (cava would have been fine though...) once I was home after having my twins.

Chocs also always good.

kathryn2804 Sun 13-Sep-09 17:12:47

Depends if she's breastfeeding! Champagne wouldn't be much use if she is, she'd have very drunk babies!!

You know what was one of the best presents I got. A Tesco voucher!! Sounds boring, but it meant I could spend it on whatever we needed. Great!

Egg Sun 13-Sep-09 19:15:30

Yep I did nearly add that in, as I was bottle feeding my twins. Thought a small sip could still taste nice though maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now