Talk

Advanced search

Grrrrrr.......

(5 Posts)
jerin Wed 09-Sep-09 22:54:59

Sorry just want to have a rant.... and would be interested to know how others respond to insensitive remarks.....

Took my DS and DTs out for a walk today in their triple buggy and lost count of how many times people came running over exclaiming 'oohhh triplets' and each time I pointed out that they were in fact twins and an older one they replied 'oh' full of disappointment. One old bag woman even went as far as to exclaim 'oh how disappointing'. angry
Surely parents with a double buggy dont get told its disappointing their babies arent twins??

wilkos Wed 09-Sep-09 22:55:59

how odd people can be

1stMrsF Sat 19-Sep-09 17:35:55

I'm just getting used to the comments on twins, and this one takes the biscuit!

faeriefruitcake Sat 19-Sep-09 23:42:03

I got asked if my DTs babies, 4months, and their 2yr old sister were triplets and nearly pissed myself laughing.

She can walk and talk and thankfully I had been doing my pelvic floors.grin

I find it best just to agree with strangers and nod in all the right places because people are stupid, especially when it comes to multiple births.

curiositykilled Sun 20-Sep-09 01:08:52

I got the same reaction when I told a woman my older two (sitting in a double buggy in asda) were not twins, they are 15 months apart. hmm I am now pg with twins! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now