Talk

Advanced search

Hi everyone im a newbie

(10 Posts)
alexcoffman Wed 01-Jun-05 12:18:53

Hi everyone, my name is Rachel, im 24. I have 2 kids called Michael and Hannah who are 6 and 7. Im expecting identical twin boys due 20.9.2005. Im 24+1. Looking forward to chatting to all you parents of twins on here. Rachel

throckenholt Wed 01-Jun-05 12:20:31

I have id boys born Jan 2003, plus another son who is 18 months older. Welcome to mumsnet and welcome to twin parenthood - hard work but a real privilege

phucknuckle Wed 01-Jun-05 12:21:17

No twins here, but wanted to say hi!

Meeely2 Wed 01-Jun-05 16:18:49

Hi there

I had non-id boys on 1st december 2004, 11 weeks early. They are now 6 months old and brilliant fun - both really smiley and the eldest (by 6 mins) almost giggled at the weekend, so we waiting for that to happen properly.

Being a twin mum is exhuasting but rewarding. Your DS and DD will love it as they will have one each to cuddle. My twins were my first children so have had nothing to compare it to, but when I see singleton mums I often get jealous that they are able to spend so much time dedicated to their one baby. I have one fussy boy and one contented boy so find that I often leave the quiet one in his bouncy chair while I entertain the screamer, so often feel guilty at ignoring him.

You'll find your own way of doing things - advise is great from other twin mums but every baby is different and will need you to work out your own pattern for doing things. My one bit of advise, get out as much as you can and start a routine as soon as you are home. If I didn't have my routine, I'd go mad. Now back at work and boys at nursery which makes things easier but I'm more tired for some reason.

Anyway, I'm waffling - welcome to you and look forward to chatting as your pregnancy progresses - oh and btw - REST as much as you can, don't do what I did and carry on as normal and give birth at 29 weeks - not good.

Emily, Edward and Arthur

toomanypushchairs Wed 01-Jun-05 16:30:11

hi, I have non-id twin boys who are 2 1/2 this month. how time flies.... I also have 2 big children like you mine are 10 and 7 1/2. hope to speak to you soon

Kelly1978 Wed 01-Jun-05 16:55:39

Hi rachel, I have 9 week old, non-id boys. Twin pregnancy and babies are very hard work, you'll need all the rest you can get. Lots of fun too, I'm really enjoying mine now they are smiling and cooing at me. I also have two older kids, a daughter aged 4, and a son aged 2. Welcome to mumsnet!

btw, whereabouts are u from?

Kiwifruit Wed 01-Jun-05 17:19:25

Hi Rachel
Congratulations! My DH is a twin, and part of me was hoping I would be carrying twins, but the other part of me is relieved that there's only 1 in there! Just thought I should let you know about the September ante natal thread, which you will find here - feel free to come and join us!

harrogatemum Thu 02-Jun-05 18:17:28

HI Rachel - I'm a Rachel two - have twin non - id boys born mid Nov 2004, I love having twins and wouldnt change it for the world! I got to 39.5 weeks with mine and was then induced as they were obviously quite happy where they were! Any advice or tips you want you are sure to find it on here there are lots of twin mummys with wise words!

triplets Mon 06-Jun-05 23:05:19

Hi and welcome,
As you can see I have three! My best piece of advice is to accept help when its kindly offered, don`t try and be supermum and do it all. I never got much help, and can remember sooooooo well the times when I cried with tiredness, wishing for a knock on the door. Always rest when you can !

MarsLady Mon 06-Jun-05 23:13:21

Hi and welcome. I'm a mum to girl/boy DTs. I have 3 older singletons. Loving every minute of it, despite my regular pleas to lockets (another mumsnetter) to take the DTs from me. Relax, enjoy lol. Take help where you can. Get the routine that works for you as soon as you can. Love your babies and ignore the people who will p*ss you off by making stupid comments about the babies and how you will cope. You will do brilliantly. Well done you. I got to 36 weeks with mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now