Talk

Advanced search

Please don't take offence - nice post about twins to share.

(12 Posts)
Bmum1 Tue 18-Aug-09 18:05:45

I write a mummy blog about my experiences with my four boys, including my six month old twins. I have written a little post about some of the nice things about having twins that I would love to share with anyone who is feeling scared or worried about having two at a time.

Now I know it's against Mumsnet rules to post a link to my blog and I really don't want to upset anyone, but I know I would have loved to have read something like this before I had my two to counteract all the bad publicity twins get. So if you would like to read it, or know someone who might enjoy it please contact me for the link.

I am not doing this in any way to publicise my blog or get more readers, only in the spirit of cheering up anyone who is in the twin doldrums.

teddymummy Tue 18-Aug-09 18:13:45

I have twins as well. IMO any real advice from a twins mum is very useful and clears up some of the awful things people tell you when you are expecting two!

london11 Tue 18-Aug-09 21:06:22

I would love to read it....anything that gives me hope is great! I have 7 week old twins and it is still so hard at the moment.
Could you send a link to the3whites at hotmail dot co dot uk. Thanks.

Bmum1 Wed 19-Aug-09 09:21:08

Will do.

londonlottie Wed 19-Aug-09 10:39:40

Message withdrawn

BroodyChook Wed 19-Aug-09 10:42:31

Just lurking (sorry) but thought that you might like to know that I asked MNHQ if I could post a link to my chicken keeping blog, and they were fine about it. Just ask

Teafor2 Wed 19-Aug-09 18:47:00

Please pass on your blog address! I'd love to read of your experiences with twins, I need all the info I can get.

Bmum1 Thu 20-Aug-09 22:38:51

Well last time I posted a link to my blog I was contacted by MN and told it had to be removed as so many people had complained. I'm not sure why but I didn't want to be shot down in flames again.

Anyway, I will take the risk and post the link just to the one post if you want to read:

http://fourdownmumtogo.blogspot.com/2009/08/twice-as-nice.html

curiositykilled Mon 24-Aug-09 08:53:30

Thanx for posting the link Bmum1 - really cheered me up.

Bmum1 Tue 25-Aug-09 10:47:18

Glad it did, that was the idea. I read so much bad stuff about twins before I had mine I was a jelly of fear before they were born, but in my experience there is a whole lot of lovely stuff that more than makes up for the hard work.

ChopsTheDuck Tue 25-Aug-09 11:16:38

Blimey, did you get the rose tinted specs from tescos?! wink

I'm happy for you that you have found it really positive. Personally I really wouldn't have found it helpful when I was struggling with mine, as I'd have jsut felt even more guilty about finding it hard!

I have a positive about twins. Eventually they go to school!!! Roll on september. grin

DrunkTinkerbell Sun 06-Sep-09 13:34:17

Ahhh I thought that post was absolutely lovely!
I met a lady in Boots yesterday who looked terrified at the thought of being 22 weeks pregnant. I just thought how unbelievably lucky she was and hope I gave her that impression.
I feel lucky every single day that I'm a mummy of twins... even on the days where they are being horrors which are becoming more often now they're getting older. I find it more entertaining than anything though as they copy each other and encourage each other!
Thank you for posting that )
(Drunk Tinkerbell - mummy to Andrew & Daisy who are 19 months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now