Talk

Advanced search

D'y ever wonder if that crack in the ceiling is actually a gateway to a parallel universe containing a serene, scented & well-coiffed version of you with just one singleton?

(1001 Posts)
AbricotsSecs Fri 24-Jul-09 00:27:20

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Fri 24-Jul-09 01:15:36

Message withdrawn

shabster Fri 24-Jul-09 10:54:15

Momma!!!!! Found you!!!!!

Love the new thread title - its fantastic!!

Tommy has been in the pool for the last 3 hours - he is with Savvas, Stegoras and Sophia - they are all roughly the same age. They are currently enjoying dive bombing everybody else in there. Tom is trying to pretend he is also Greek and the owners son - therefore (I think) hoping that the other tourists will not tell him off grin

He has cards, Nintendo games, 30 euros, and two of the most beautiful outfits I have ever seen. Gloria and Tasoola have bought him fab clothes - he cant wait to get dressed up tonight. Every time I walk past the kitchens I can smell chocolate cake baking!!! UMPAH - in Shirley Valentines words 'I think I have found a little corner of Paradise.'

xxxxxxx

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Fri 24-Jul-09 11:22:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

triplets Fri 24-Jul-09 15:36:25

Found you! Great title Momma!!
Happy birthday Tomster, sounds as though you are having a great time!
All quiet here, though there are 5 kids around, H up the allotment and I am supposed to be cleaning, what the heck!

AbricotsSecs Fri 24-Jul-09 15:43:10

Message withdrawn

HarrogateMum Fri 24-Jul-09 18:57:36

happy birthday Tom! Cant write much. Passed my exam so v pleased. Also knackered.

Welcome dizzymare, this is the place to be! Trips, great news, hope you get your holiday!

Momma - cant wait to see you in your 80s ruffles!

shabster Fri 24-Jul-09 20:30:41

Tom says Afkharisto for all your birthday messages grin

Well done HM - the girl did good!!! xxxx

ZippysMum Fri 24-Jul-09 22:54:23

Hello - can I join you? I'm nearly 30 weeks along with twins (my first dc's) and have been told this is the place to be....

TeaSleepFood Sat 25-Jul-09 09:05:43

Well, I've only been gone a couple of days and by crikey things move on. Where to start...

Trips - what fantastic news! OOOOOMMMMMPPPPAAAAAHHHHH! I had an email from iglu villas and they had some cheap last minute deals to the sun. I tried linking in my email but it wouldn't work. The other ones I get cheap offers from are 'travelzoo'. Might be worth a look.

Shabs - happy birthday Tomster-the-greek! OOOOOOMMMMPPPAAAAAHHHHH! I think proud mums are allowed a sundowner
<<opens bottle of metaxa, swigs, wipes the top and passes it over>>
Classy bird me!

FG - <<leaves out cucumber slices for eyes>> I hope you are having a relaxing time anyway. Your villa sounds great. Iwould dream of having a chef come to our villa to cook supper.
<<sighs, borrows HM's wet fish for a reality slap>>

HM - everything crossed (much to DH's disappointment) for weds. You still need to expand a bit on what it is he does or maybe when it's done eh?
Are you sure you didn't raid my wardrobe for the eighties clothes. I never thought I'd be fashionable again!
Luurrrrve the new home. Can I be the svelt one who is naturally well toned with strong finger nails? Oh and clothes naturally fit well no matter where they are bought from?

Dizzymare and Zippysmum - lovely to meet you both. wow. congratulations on getting this far and also for finding us grin. I found this thread a little scary at first as everyone seemed to know each other. It's great though. Jump in at anytime with any thoughts, observations on life etc. Oh but only is you bring pecan danishes and nice coffee/ pickled onion monster munch, peanuts and gin.

<<remembers to lay out wonky blueberry muffins and tea>>

Snorris - are you ok? get yourself back to the meet up thread! Looking like next weds at Southbourne.

TeaSleepFood Sat 25-Jul-09 09:06:13

Crikey, I went on a bit. Sorry!

shabster Sat 25-Jul-09 12:33:33

Hiya girls

Dizzy and Zippy - welcome to the nut house multiples thread. Everybody on here, with the exception of myself of course, is barking mad grin

HarrogateMum Sat 25-Jul-09 14:10:51

Shabs - get back in the pool or you'll overheat!

Hello Zippysmum, yes as dizzymare is just finding out, this is the place for advice, laughs, tears and general mayhem. All served up with a generous dollop of wine and cake (or choc covered nuts, or strong cider...or Bruce Springsteen etc etc etc).

I am supposed to be doing an assignment. It has to be in on Wednesday. Booooo. Must away and write another 1000 words.

HarrogateMum Sat 25-Jul-09 14:13:01

ps TSF - I got all confused reading your comments to me and then realised you meant Hoochiemomma! Momma, you will have to change your name again (stern look). !!!!

dizzymare Sat 25-Jul-09 14:29:23

Thanks for the welcome, being here feels very scary and really is I guess my first step in trying to accept what's happening. I wasn't prepared for another pregnancy, let alone thishmm. I can't promise many laughs from me right now, but I'll do my best.

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Sat 25-Jul-09 20:13:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZippysMum Sat 25-Jul-09 22:19:05

Thanks for the welcome! Hoochie (and all you other multiple mums...)having read a post of yours on another thread, I am hoping you'll be able to give me some good breastfeeding advice! Is there anything I can do to get prepared? I have read 'mothering multiples' and just finished our NCT course (tummy to mummy, nose to nipple and all that) - should I be doing other things too??
Dizzy I missed your first post - how far along are you?

dizzymare Sat 25-Jul-09 22:42:12

I'm 13 weeks today ZippysMum, how about you?

ZippysMum Sun 26-Jul-09 06:24:42

30 weeks on Tuesday! Keep having to pinch myself - this pregnancy is on the back of 6 years of 'trying' - 2 years fertility treatment, ectopic, 4 miscarriages! Can't believe we've nearly reached 30 weeks. Look and feel like a beached whale. And my face! Well if one of the symptoms of swine flu was 'looking like a pig', I'd definitely have it.

TeaSleepFood Sun 26-Jul-09 08:12:54

Morning!

Zippy - nope, nothing I can think of to prepare you (or at least nothing I did). I was lucky in that mine were 38 weeks and needed no support and fed like hoovers. Saying that, the midwives, although nice, weren't huge amount of help. The best thing they did while in hospital was to take them to the nursery so I could sleep. I found it really hard being a 4 bedded ward to work out whether it was one of mine crying . Having 2 means initially you are never sure. I think if I could do it again, I would request a side room to myself. Oh and get lots of rest now when you can. Do you have any other children? If not, get real friendly with the sofa and the remote control, 'cos the chaos will start soon grin.

Oh breast feeding twins meant that I had the appetite of a horse. (in the last few weeks, DS was sat on my stomach so I always felt full and had trouble eating enough so lost weight. Oh the joys of eating as many muller corners as I liked <<sigh>>

AbricotsSecs Sun 26-Jul-09 10:23:39

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sun 26-Jul-09 10:27:54

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sun 26-Jul-09 10:31:18

Message withdrawn

HarrogateMum Sun 26-Jul-09 19:48:28

I am cooking chicken pie. It is meant to be summer. I am wearing a cardie. It is raining.

Shabs...how's Rhodes....? (PS I AM JEALOUS!!)

Where is everyone?

AbricotsSecs Sun 26-Jul-09 20:26:30

Message withdrawn

This thread is not accepting new messages.