Talk

Advanced search

Did your identical twins show up on a 6wk scan

(9 Posts)
Dophus Tue 14-Jul-09 08:16:17

I had a 6 wk scan yesterday and the sonographer commented that there was some 'blurring' and she couldn't rule out identical twins. I wasn't sure whether this was just a throw away line or whether she really suspected but couldn't be sure.

Did any of you with matching beans have an early scan?

jennyroper Tue 14-Jul-09 08:43:39

i didn't have a scan til 12 weeks and they showed up clear as day. But I have heard of a number of people who had very early scans, nothing was mentioned about twins then they were confirmed at a later scan. Either way - congratulations on being pregnant.

Dophus Tue 14-Jul-09 08:50:21

Thanks Jenny, I always fancied twins but with 2 boys already there's only one thought in my head: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"

The next 6 weeks will be long...

Sod's law they'd be boys as well!

ScummyMummy Tue 14-Jul-09 08:50:58

My non-id twins were two very clear little twirling prawns at a 6 week scan. I suppose identical twins might be less easy to spot if they were in the same sac or something?

jennyroper Tue 14-Jul-09 19:47:30

dophus i know someone who had 2 girls and um and aahd about trying for a boy, obviously they were given twin girls. There is a lady in my twin club with 2 sets of boy twins 18 mths apart. The mind boggles.

Dophus Wed 15-Jul-09 11:43:33

The mind boggles an goes into denial! I'll just wait and see.

kathryn2804 Wed 15-Jul-09 14:20:16

I had a 10 week scan and my identical boys were very obvious! 2 tadpoles, one waving at us!!

twinmumdandc Wed 15-Jul-09 23:58:55

Congratulations Dophus! My id twins both showed up at 6wk scan - totally unplanned pregnancy, thought it was an ectopic and hey-presto... 2 years and 2 gorgeous boys later I'm still laughing at my initial reaction... 'f* hell you're joking!!!?' Totally worth it thoughgrin All the best at your next scan... keep us posted.

Dophus Thu 16-Jul-09 08:28:10

This was also unplanned - I had an ectopic earlier in the years which was why I was in for the early scan.

Did you have one or two egg sacs?

Despite the hardship - there's a bit of me really wanting it to be twins. The rational side twitches in horrow at the though of four children. Mainly the finacial implications.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now