Talk

Advanced search

Twins on the Way, What Twin Travel Sytems will fit BMW 3 Series Boot

(9 Posts)
valz Mon 06-Jul-09 12:33:18

Hi All

Im almost 34 weeks pregnant with twins, have been researching twin buggies the tandem travel system type that car seats clip into. Went to one store and tried the Jane powertwin Pro, Jane Twin Two and Graco Quattro tour Duo only i found the opening in my boot was too small and they wouldnt fit. its a bmw 3 series. the lady in the shop reckoned its not likely any twin buggy apart from a side by side would fit.

Does anyone know of a travel system that will fit?

tkband3 Mon 06-Jul-09 12:37:58

Not sure on travel systems myself (although I'm not sure if even any of the side-by-sides I had would have fitted!), but TAMBA (twins and multiple births association) do a buggy guide which might help. here's a link to the relevant page on their website - unfortunately like most things on TAMBA, you now have to be a member to access it, but it might be worth phoning them if you don't fancy joining.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 06-Jul-09 12:42:35

<confused> I'm absolutely positive that our Jane powertwin fitted into the boot of my aunts 3 series.

I reckon your best bet would be the icandy pear, or possible the zoom.

irene2 Tue 07-Jul-09 22:43:23

I met a couple road testing the ICANDY PEACH double near brighton last month, they have an old style BMW 3 and they fit it in with one seat and one cot in the boot OK. They have to take the seat and cot off the buggy to fold but then it folds so small, like a single but maybe smaller. Their website shows all the colours which are just superb -you don't just get icandy black anymore.

tkband3 Wed 08-Jul-09 13:16:15

That's reminded me, Irene2. Some friends of mine have the ICandy and they have a Mercedes Saloon (not sure what model), so it must fit in their boot. It's a lovely buggy too smile.

<<waves at Chops - long time no see!>>

valz Wed 08-Jul-09 14:21:18

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE LADIES. MUST CHECK THAT I CANDY OUT, MIGHT FINALLY HAVE LUCK WITH A PRAM!!

lucya1980 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:56:41

www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=peach_twin for the peach . does the back twin have much room? it looks tight fitting?

irene2 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:33:11

the orange looks just fantastic with twin cots. Sharon I met in Brighton with her peach had Tommy at the front in the seat and 4 month old Sara in the cot below, looked like she had plenty of room to me. Anyone seen a peach in the shops yet? (smile)

galaxymummy Tue 28-Jul-09 13:24:53

speak to nigel stay at home dad and father of twins
nigel@twins-store.co.uk
he is the car and travel system fix it man
and has hands on experience
couples who have been to my antenatal classes recommend his helpfulness
galaxy twin antenatal teacher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now