Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit desperate this evening - remind me when there is light at the end of the tunnel?

(9 Posts)
magnummum Thu 25-Jun-09 20:42:51

DTs 7 weeks tomorrow and gorgeous. Fully breastfed until last week when I introduced a formula feed at 7pm as had had a hard time keeping up with demand (and trying to get 2.10 DD1 to bed). Growing well but I'm totally shattered and feel like I'm coping less well as time goes on not better. Had a friend round this am with her Ds for Dd1 to have a pal to play with (first time since twins born). Feel ++ worn out and overwhelmed that I'll never be able to do anything additional to basic childcare ever again. I know 3 Dcs is always going to be hard work but I just feel like I'm starting to fail miserably. Sorry for moaning just feeling sorry for myself, must be those hormones...

oooggs Thu 25-Jun-09 21:19:35

yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Yes it is hard but they are worth it. DS1 was 3.3 when dts were born and it must have got easier, as dts were 21 mths when ds3 was born!

Don't been too hard on yourself, you are doing a fantastic job. Breast feeding two is emotionally and physically draining.

Just off to find some other super multiple mums to give you a boost smile

slightlycrumpled Thu 25-Jun-09 21:20:25

Hi magnummum, I don't have twins but just thought I would bump your post and say very, very well done on breastfeeding two babies and being mummy to your older daughter as well!

I think you are more than entitled to feel sorry for yourself, you must be beyond knackered, but you are not failing.
smile

AbricotsSecs Thu 25-Jun-09 21:25:54

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Thu 25-Jun-09 21:26:49

Message withdrawn

oooggs Thu 25-Jun-09 21:33:02

hi hoochie - glad you popped over

(this twin mummy knows her breastfeeding 'twin' stuff grin)

1stMrsF Thu 25-Jun-09 22:00:24

hi sweetie

I hope we can see you soon? Reply to my text when you can, 4am if necessary!

I am just in awe of you with DD as well as twins - a quick look around here and you'll see I've been posting much the same stuff and I only have the DTs. The 6th week was absolutely awful but this week (8 weeks tomorrow for us) has been much much much better. I am also giving DT1 some formula some evenings - it's just the hardest time of day isn't it?

I am so proud of both of us, but especially you, for breastfeeding twins AND doing all the other stuff. Keep it up and know that we are all thinking of you here.

Much love

shabster Thu 25-Jun-09 22:14:31

There is light at the end of the tunnel - Im just off to see if the bulb needs changing!! grin You sound like you are doing a truly brilliant job. Can I suggest coming to the multiple mums thread - a brilliant bunch of nutters mums who never fail to help each other out - whilst always having a great laugh xx

shabster Thu 25-Jun-09 22:15:36

A link to the lunatic asylum!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now