Talk

Advanced search

Baby jogger city elite double - any good?

(9 Posts)
Flumpity Sun 21-Jun-09 22:28:43

Hi, am after reviews or advice. It looks ideal online but I can't find a local stockist to try it out. Am attracted by the easy fold which looks too good to be true! Anyone got one? Thanks.

pollyblue Tue 23-Jun-09 21:04:12

Hi, I've got the double baby jogger city mini, which is very similar and it is fab.

The fold mechanism is very good - assume it's the same on both the elite and mini, you just pull up on a strap across each seat and it folds in half - just watch where you put your feet while doing it as it can come down with a bump on your toes! Mine is very light and a dream to push. I bought it because access to my house is a bit tricky, steep narrow paths with steps in various places, and i can manage very well with this. Seat recline adjusts easily - I did find the safety straps a bit tricky to adjust at first but i think that was me just being a bit post-baby dim smile And the hoods are brilliant, they come down much further than most and provide very good rain/sun protection.

I bought mine from twins store, the basic price was good and they threw in a free (usually £25) raincover.

Flumpity Wed 24-Jun-09 20:43:29

Cool, that's really helpful thanks. X

dizzydixies Wed 24-Jun-09 20:46:00

Easy walker sky twin is fab

1stMrsF Wed 24-Jun-09 22:31:56

I looked at it - try searching this topic for threads about buggies and you'll find a lot of info and the full list of those that I looked at. I liked that it was neat and light and agree the hoods are better than anything else I've seen, I didn't like the fold mechanism that's supposed to be the best thing about it - I didn't find it easy at all. Also it doesn't have pnuematic tyres and after pushing some with, for me that was a must have.

HTH

Flumpity Sat 27-Jun-09 13:36:45

Ah, it looks from online pictures that it does have pump up tyres. Damn, my current single has them and I love it (micralite). Must try find one to play with in a shop. Mountain buggy look good but seemed so heavy to get in and out the car boot!

maisiemackenzie Sat 27-Jun-09 13:42:40

I've got the City Classic, not sure if it's different but i love it! I agonised over all the different doubles for so long, and this one is definitely the best! I really like that it's got 2 seperate hoods so you can keep the baby in shade but let the toddler see out properly. It's also got a really big basket, and is a dream to push. only bad thing is it folds down quite big, and is pretty heavy to lift in and out of the boot.

1stMrsF Mon 29-Jun-09 14:54:02

Where are you Flumpity? If you are in the South East the A3 Baby Barn stocks it.

Have you looked at Out n About Nipper 360?

Flumpity Wed 08-Jul-09 20:25:25

Ta. We're in London but often in se visiting family so will go look in baby barn. Thanks. Yes, looked at nipper but don't want instability of a 3 wheeler. I have 2 sets of friends who've had awful accidents with 3 wheelers tipping over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now