Talk

Advanced search

preparing twins to be seperated in reception

(3 Posts)
catnipkitty Thu 18-Jun-09 11:00:08

Hi

My ID girls are 4 and will start reception in sept. They are in a fab school (in the nursery at the moment) who are very supportive. We have decided it would be the right thing to seperate them in reception. they will be in seperate clases but school is open plan so will still see eachother during the day.

I talked to them about it for the first time today. They got quite upset about being seperated sad

Anyone been through this? I am 100% sure they should be seperated but just need tips on how to help them through it. not only do they have the big change from nursery to reception but also their own seperation to cope with

Thank you

throckenholt Thu 18-Jun-09 11:02:23

I wouldn't make a big deal of it to be honest - I find with mine if I hype something up they get worried about it, if I keep it low key they just get on with it.

On the first day - can two of you take them in so that each can go in with one ? That way you don't have to leave one and walk off with the other (which is likely to be when they get upset).

kathryn2804 Thu 18-Jun-09 15:51:03

My boys are going to do this too. I'm just going to emphasise the fact that they will see each other at break and lunch and that both classes do lots of stuff together. Haven't broached the subject yet as only found out on Tues that it's definitely happening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now