Talk

Advanced search

Both heartbeats heard on the same side - is this normal?

(5 Posts)
curiositykilled Fri 05-Jun-09 19:40:07

I'm 18 weeks, the midwife listened to the heartbeats at my last appointment but apparently found them both on one side. Is it possible that she only heard one baby? The heartbeats were 132 and 150 but were heard several minutes apart as she searched on the other side of my tummy for a while with no success.

walkie Tue 09-Jun-09 13:59:17

I remember worrying as I could only feel movement on one side of my belly - scan later showed that one side had all four legs, and the other side heads Hope that helps a bit

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 09-Jun-09 16:58:12

Yeah if they are lay on top of each other its very normal to hear them both on the same side smile

It sometimes feel like only 1 baby is kicking but its just usually that they are both facing the same way, at my 20 week scan we got to see them head to head and then all four feet on screen together lol

curiositykilled Tue 09-Jun-09 21:19:47

Cool, thanx very much you two... It's good just to talk to other people going through the same thing! Every tiny little thing with the twins is making me absolutely panic! I thought they were one on each side at last scan but who knows sigh 20 week scan is next Thursday. My mum said it's hard to find the two separate heartbeats anyway and I shouldn't rely on it too much to make me feel less worried, I'm sure she's right. I'm sure everything is fine but it'd be nice to have those little reassurances that you get every midwife visit with a singleton! I have started feeling a little like a washing machine though so that bodes well!

kathryn2804 Fri 12-Jun-09 09:00:13

They've definitely been doing somersaults by the sound of it. Lol at the washing machine metaphor. Never thought of that one, but it's very accurate!!

You probably have heads at one side and legs at the other as someone else said. Sure it won't stay like that wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now