Talk

Advanced search

D`y ever ever wonder what you would do if you won the lottery?

(1000 Posts)
triplets Wed 06-May-09 20:03:58

I know what I would do.
1. Buy a 5 bedroom house so we all get our own room, big garden so James could have a dog.

2. Get private medical insurance so we never again have to await scans and results.

3. Buy Shabs a villa in Faliraki.

4. Throw a big party for all my lovely lovely mad mums on here.

5. Treat myself to highlights.

6. Buy bags and bags of M&S choccy nuts!

RubyrubyrubyRodent Wed 06-May-09 20:16:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frumpygrumpy Wed 06-May-09 20:57:10

<<runs in wearing party frock, undone at the back, and with a tena lady stuck to her heel>>

Thanks Trips, nice house!

<<fg drags through the shag pile rug, the cd collection, the pay phone, the comfy recliner, the cashmere shawl (anyone due?) the hostess with the mostess booze trolley (need help with that one) and wheels through the heavily sedated Paolo>> There, it feels like home <<clasps hands, looks around and eyelash flutters>>

If I won the lottery, I would bank enough to allow a modest income and drop huge quantities of cash through doors that I knew deserved it. I would love to do that. Brown paper bags stuff through letterboxes containing life changing stuff. I would sit back, flutter my wings and watch the news and smile. How amazing would that be!!! grin

Ruby, meant to say, I adored your post grin I often [groin]. I may have had a couple of shandy's on Saturday night and I may have lived to regret it on Sunday. I thank you Shabs for the Percy Sledge, I love that song.

curly..............if I ever mentioned that I live in Edinburgh that was me just arsing about. I live in a small cave in Nepal and tend goats. I have internet connection but no connection whatsoever to Scotland. Where in Edinburgh do you stomp? grin

neenztwinz Wed 06-May-09 21:18:56

Hello there, I have not been on this thread for a while, been a bit busy - I have twins don't you know... Oh, that excuse won't go down well here will it grin).

Well Shabs said I had to come on to let you know my twins are one today!! Can you believe it?!

They are just wonderful and I am so blessed, they are such easy babies, they eat well, sleep well, they are so good-natured, everyone thinks they are great! I feel sorry for my friends who only have one baby. It really is double the love, double the smiles, double the joy isn't it? Yes double the work too but it keeps me slim wink. I am still breastfeeding them too! (Also keeps me slim grin). They are not quite walking yet but they are both crawling and Esther is standing without holding on, so it won't be long I suppose. They are great.

I will try to come on more to see you all, it is hard though, I only just manage to keep up with my postnatal thread these days. Hope everyone is good here smile

triplets Wed 06-May-09 21:42:17

Neenzy you need to stick with us, we are totally mad, get drunk often, eat loads of cake and nuts and pickled onion monster munch, a more faithful bunch of smart arses with wit you won`t find on any other thread! So aint you glad you have multiples?

triplets Wed 06-May-09 21:45:47

Sedated FG, nay gud to man or beastie or sex starved over 50 yr old <<Trips was going to make that plural as someone else on here is over 50..........but she has a ginger pig lurking.......so you never know>>

triplets Wed 06-May-09 21:46:39

Happy Birthday to the twinnie neenzs!

curlyredhead Wed 06-May-09 21:47:33

Happy birthday to your twinz Neenz grin Esther is a great name, wish I'd had it on our list. My two are just a couple of weeks behind yours - they are not quite so straightforward, by the sounds of things, but soooo much more laidback than my dd1...

FG - great Internet reception you are getting wink I stomp waft serenely round <<whispers>> Morningside .... If you ever visit back from the cave, where do you find yourself?

triplets Wed 06-May-09 22:56:23

Night night all, my headache is driving me mad, day 3!

AbricotsSecs Wed 06-May-09 23:20:18

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Wed 06-May-09 23:24:51

Message withdrawn

shabster Thu 07-May-09 04:37:26

Me and Tom have the 'Lewis' bug sad oooohhhh it is not good!! So far the little bugger tyke has given it to - Mummy, Daddy, Daddy's work friend, Me and Tom!!!! We are sleeping downstairs in a vain attempt to not give it to DH!! He is diabetic and this would play havoc with his diabetes.

massive headaches, the runs and being sick -

RubyrubyrubyRodent Thu 07-May-09 08:17:33

shabster Thu 07-May-09 08:21:26

Awww Rubester hope she feels better soon.....it seems to be about a 2 day thing in our family. Danny had it for 2 days and went back to work today - Em, me and Tom are not very well at all. Takes a lot to 'stop me in my tracks' but this certainly has.

RubyrubyrubyRodent Thu 07-May-09 08:28:11

triplets Thu 07-May-09 09:35:35

<<<<<<<Trips undaunted heads north once again with armfuls of Andrex>>>>>>

triplets Thu 07-May-09 09:40:41

Sorry, now excuse the pun, you are feeling so crap! Are we in danger f spreading these things thru cyber space as Rubesters dd and you Shabs have all got it? Still got my headache, slightly better, sore side good for 2 days running, must be the Aloe Vera! Just had to phone school, they all brought their homework back last night, all had to re-do it and hand it back in today, I forgot! They worry about things like that. Right must check my bank account, didn`t look too healthy at the cash point last night. Need to win that lottery, if only to get FG out of her cave, or at least buy her some more goats

oooggs Thu 07-May-09 11:01:55

Blimey Neenz!!! happy birthday to your two delightfuls (hasn't that gone quick wink)

ds3 is a dream (now 15 weeks)

The loft is finished and ds1 & dt2 now up there - pics on profile

But of wise mums................. Erin wants to potty train hmm whats shall I do? Jack is no where near ready and I had a hell time with ds1 who I did too early (for him) at 2.4. She is 25 mths, do I go with it? Have any of you noit done them together - especially the g/b twins?

Shall I start a new thread about it?

tkband3 Thu 07-May-09 13:45:47

ooogs, I tried potty training the DTs together, at about 2.6 but they simply weren't ready. 2 months later, DT2 decided she was ready but DT1 was quite happy in her pull-ups. She decided she was ready a few weeks later. IMVHO it is far easier to train them separately, unless they are both showing signs of being ready - only one child to rush to the loo and only one lot of extra washing/spare clothes to take out with you smile. 25 months is quite early, but if she's keen, why not give it a go and see how she gets on? You might find it encourages Jack or you might find he's quite happy to stay in nappies for the time being. We certainly went through a phase where we were tempted to put them both back into nappies - they were going to the loo so much DH got a chair and sat outside the downstairs bathroom with his newspaper one weekend grin.

Now what would I do with a lottery win....<<drifts off into dreamworld>>. Of course you have to do the lottery first...isn't it the Euromillions rollover tomorrow?

Shabs hope you're all feeling better soon....am sincerely hoping it isn't catching through cyberspace smile

tkband3 Thu 07-May-09 13:46:26

oh and neenz - happy birthday to your DTs grin.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 07-May-09 15:01:04

MarsLady Thu 07-May-09 19:21:10

Is it a year already Neenz? Blimey! Our wee brood are growing fast!

<<tuts at Momma being sprawled across the floor like a hussy! Puts a large LDC on the table.. ah yes.. no place like home!>>

AbricotsSecs Thu 07-May-09 19:31:10

Message withdrawn

Rubyrubyruby Thu 07-May-09 20:02:12

triplets Thu 07-May-09 22:26:52

Evening all,
Quiet tonight.............wonder what you are all up to? Hope you are all feeling better Shabs...........no apple juice for you! Been trawling on here to try and find a 4 night break over half-term, can`t do a week because of H`s picc line that has to be flushed! Everything seems to be booked! Just wanted a forest lodge, sauna, pool, fishing, near a pub, etc, not too much to ask for.......is it?

This thread is not accepting new messages.