Talk

Advanced search

Laser Coagulation

(7 Posts)
zoski1984 Mon 06-Apr-09 13:56:24

Hello I'm trying to find people who have had endoscopical laser coagulation, as it will be being done tomorrow to my twin girls/me. Naturally i'm very scared.
This treatment is usually done for Monochorionic twin pregnancies complicated by severe twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome. Although I have not been diagnosed with TTTS my smaller twin is having cord blood flow problems and although she is smaller she is healthy but kings college hospital feel it is safer to seperate their joining blood vessels and split the plancenta. Has anyone been through anything similar?????????
Please how do i cope?

poorbuthappy Mon 06-Apr-09 21:13:47

Zoski - I've just posted on the other thread to say good luck tomorrow...bear with us, as you will find out after the birth, posting on here once the babies are born tends to be a bit sporadic...take care

zoski1984 Thu 02-Jul-09 10:53:39

Just thought i would up date this.
I had the treatment at kings which i didnt find very pleasant AT ALL. Left with 2 heartbeats but went back a week later to find my littleone had given up her fight. Is now 12weeks on and im still struggling with it all!

victoriagirl Fri 03-Jul-09 14:13:33

I am so sorry Zoski. I am not surprised you are still struggling. What a terrible experience and such a sad situation to be in now. I wish I could say something which might help, but anything just seems somehow trite. I think there is a link on the Tamba mesage board for people that have lost one twin- perhaps there will be people there who have been through something similar.
I hope you start to feel better soon.

MinaLoy Fri 03-Jul-09 18:27:15

Thinking of you zoski.

lljkk Fri 03-Jul-09 18:41:03

So sorry to hear that, Zoski.

jennyroper Mon 06-Jul-09 22:34:14

zoski
I am so terribly sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now