Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which buggy would you recommend for 14 month old twins?

(12 Posts)
Rollmops Mon 19-Jan-09 11:33:51

We have a Mamas and Papas Twin Aria that has served the boys well, but - it's has had it's day, getting quite tatty and also, it seems that the young Gents need a tad more room in their little chariot. The problem is, we live in a little old village where the pavements are extra narrow and I can just get through with my Twin Aria (that was one of the narrowest on the market).
Could anyone possibly recommend a buggy that is narrow, side by side (the terrain is rather 'hilly' and roads are quite rough, so need the stability that a side by side buggy offers) but has decent size seats? I could be asking for the moon, I know....
Thank you in advance for any advice!

Rollmops Mon 19-Jan-09 11:35:20

It has had it's day I meant..... dooooh.....

HoorahHilda Mon 19-Jan-09 20:35:04

Hi there
I started with a Bertini pram then moved to the Nipper Instep which was lovely for a year or so but my boys were getting big so have now opted for the Mothercare Double Urban Detour which ,so far has been really good.

It is light , you can open with one hand ( though you do need space in boot ). My boys love it and sleep really well in it .They are upright and have a bumper bar .

The Mountain Buggy Double is supposed to be good also though quite pricey. It might also be an idea to look at the Mumsnet product pushchair review pages.

I picked up my Double Detour second hand from a mumsnetter for a great price .

Good Luck !

HoorahHilda Mon 19-Jan-09 20:36:57

Meant to say ..my boys are 18 months old.

The Urban Detour is a three wheeler with option for fixed wheel or movable wheel .

HoorahHilda Mon 19-Jan-09 20:39:09

Am rambling now but seems only a little wider than the Instep Nipper ( Which may be the narrowest on market )

SazzlesA Mon 19-Jan-09 20:40:41

Message withdrawn

tassisssss Mon 19-Jan-09 20:43:30

Do consider the nipper. I have one for my 2 (2.4 and 7 months) and my friend with 2.5 year old twins loves her.

oooggs Mon 19-Jan-09 20:58:00

love my double nipper, had it from birth and my dts are now 21 mths

Rollmops Tue 20-Jan-09 08:16:15

Thank you all for your suggestions, much appreciated! Will start hunt on eBay, hopefully will find one in a good condition but with a slightly less painful price.....

ChopsTheDuck Tue 20-Jan-09 08:17:34

nipper.
I had a single urban detor and loved it, but the nipper is probably lighter, and I lvoed that with my dts.

SazzlesA Tue 20-Jan-09 08:19:41

Message withdrawn

lulururu Wed 21-Jan-09 05:03:07

i have a mountain buggy and its great but they have just gone under business wise but i'm sure there will be second hand ones available for some time yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now