Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

both dt's ill at the same time

(10 Posts)
toomanypushchairs Mon 21-Mar-05 12:19:57

dt1 started it, he started being sick on saturday night, has had sickness and upset tummy since. dt2 started being sick 3.30am today. dh has been at home for the last 3months as he was made redundant, but started work today so i'm on my own(typical eh?) both crying that they want me and getting upset as I keep saying hang on a minute. Previously the 2nd one has got ill as the 1st was better. dt2 can't keep anything down, he is trying to be sick but bringing nothing up, he's stroppy so won't let me put a cold flannel on him.(dis that to dt1 as he aslo threw up his calpol) sorry its long winded, they are sleeping at the mo.

toomanypushchairs Mon 21-Mar-05 12:21:30

sorry, just to add dt1 who has'nt been sick since 5pm yesterday is asking for food, i'm giving him a few dry cheerios, is that ok? also hasn't wee'd since 11.30pm last night. Is he dehydrated? has been sipping water all morning

Lonelymum Mon 21-Mar-05 12:24:06

Probably is a bit dehydrated but if he is able to eat a bit and drink a bit now, he is probably on the mend. Cheerios is fine. Also toast (either plain or with honey/marmite is fine).

My huge sympathies go out to you. I can't stand one of mine being sick and dread the thought of two of them ill together. It must be totally draining for you. Hope they are better soon.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 12:25:48

Hi honey. Oh dear! Sorry to hear that the DTs are ill. Real pain isn't it? We had that for a while. Keep trying the water, no milk whilst throwing up. Not sure what to suggest just wanted to say hi and sorry (I know how it feels). Try to sleep whilst they are sleeping though. I bet you haven't slept for a while.

throckenholt Mon 21-Mar-05 12:30:13

mine got sick within 20 minutes of each other once, and threw up every 20 minutes or so for about 4 hours - ugghh . We ran out of towels to mop everything up with. It is so much more fun with twins.

Apparently you should keep them off milk for a day or two - stick to water or diarolyte (can't spell that). Probably ok with dry cheerios or bread.

Hope they are better soon.

toomanypushchairs Mon 21-Mar-05 13:09:04

thank you, dt1 now awake and dt2 sleeping, dt1 asking for more cheerios so will oblige thanks again, thanks for the tip about milk.

TwoIfBySea Mon 21-Mar-05 20:17:35

Knowing exactly how you feel tmp! Since my dst started nursery in January they have been constantly sick, the illness bouncing from one to the other and back again. Latest is dst1 has chickenpox and dst2 has earache!

It can be at these times you wish you could split yourself in two for them!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 20:23:29

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} twoifbysea.

toomanypushchairs Mon 21-Mar-05 21:16:25

twoifbysea, oh no, how many days have they had chicken pox? any sign of spots on dt2?

TwoIfBySea Wed 23-Mar-05 21:25:08

So far we have gotten off lightly TMP! Dst1 had the chickenpox only lightly, just a few spots and so far dst2 hasn't shown any signs.

The chickenpox lasted a few days thankfully so it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. Dst1 was more worried about how the spots looked and dst2 kept reiterating that he didn't have any spots but his brother did! The earache has hopefully gone for good also!

How are your dt's getting on now? All better I hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now