Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many Nappies a day?

(8 Posts)
SophiasTwins Tue 28-Oct-08 15:02:09

Hi Guys,

Another glam ooooozing post. Trying to sketch together some kind of budget. Was wondering how many a nappies a day twins might get through? (Boys if it makes any differnce?!)

Thanks V Much! : )

Sophia

glamourbadger Tue 28-Oct-08 16:09:22

When mine were newborn I changed them far too often but I think every new mums does! I got through about 20 nappies in a 24hr period for the pair of them. Coming out of nappies at two and a half the pair of them got through about 8 every 24 hours - though I was pretty slovenly and used to leave then on until they practically walked out of them.

As a glamourbadger it's my job to ooze glam

OptimistS Tue 28-Oct-08 16:14:22

General rule of thumb is a change of nappy every 2 hours. Obviously that won't apply overnight if they sleep through, and you'll need to change them straight away if they've had a poo. I tend to get through about 6 per day, per child (first thing in morning, mid-morning, lunch, mid-afternoon, tea-time, night-time), but glamourbadger's 8 is probably a safer bet if you're planning on creating a budget, as newborns tend to poo in their nappies more regularly. smile

SophiasTwins Tue 28-Oct-08 16:14:52

Lol, Just what I needed to know and made me laugh out loud. Excellent. Thanks Sweets! grin

OptimistS Tue 28-Oct-08 16:15:49

Oops, that's wrong actually. I meant 8 from the time they get up until they go to bed at night, but newborns will probably need changing in the night too, when they wake up for a feed or whatever, so don't forget those, too.

Neeerly3 Tue 28-Oct-08 16:23:04

oh god i used to change mine everytime i smelt a whiff - didn't realise babies could trump so much - wasted so many dry clean nappies because i didn't have the brain I was born with to work out i could CHECK before i got them undressed whether they were dirty or not - doh!

SIOBHANB2008 Tue 28-Oct-08 20:48:58

if it helps in a day nursery (well the one where i work!) each child is changed at least 4 times a day (9, 11, 2, 4) and they obviously come in with a clean nappy and have it changed again at home so thats 6+ nappies a day!

Leoloopydoo Fri 31-Oct-08 13:05:44

For the dts 15 - 20 a day at the beginning. they are now 20 months and its about 10 - 15 a day now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now