Talk

Advanced search

Please help my friend find her perfect tandem travel system!

(14 Posts)
RGPargy Sun 26-Oct-08 01:12:11

My friend has recently discovered that she's having non-identical twins and has been on the look out for a decent buggy.

She is after a tandem travel system but really wants the car seats to be ISOfix compatible. So far she's drawn a blank with tandems that have isofix seats that cater for same age babies. Alot of what she's looked at either dont have isofix car seats or if they do have isofix seats, the buggy itself doesn't cater for same-age babies!

Any pointers would be fantastic!!

Thanx in advance

nappyaddict Sun 26-Oct-08 01:32:42

the bebecar duo vector is good. i think that's what it is called anyway.

RGPargy Sun 26-Oct-08 01:36:22

That looks smart doesn't it! doesn't come with the isofix car seats tho does it? Think they are separate?

nappyaddict Sun 26-Oct-08 01:45:24

i only know of the maxi cosi car seats that are isofix so she would have to look for something compatible with those. if it were me i would just buy the isofix car seats and not the car seats that go with the pushchair. i never used the car seat on the pushchair anyway even though we had one that fit it.

Patti70 Sun 26-Oct-08 20:11:28

The Icandy pear or the leebruss zoom takes maxi cosi car seats which are isofix, hope that helps
Caroline

RGPargy Sun 26-Oct-08 20:25:27

I think she is actually looking into the iCandy at the moment. Hope she finds what she's looking for - must be a nightmare to have all the boxes ticked when you're after something specific. I think the trouble she was having too was that some of them wouldn't take a buggy board, which she would need for her DD. I dont envy her job of trying to find something!

roomforthree Sun 26-Oct-08 20:52:36

Kolcraft Contours Tandem is compatible with a wide range of car seats. This model has one car seat adaptor, but a second one can be purchased. The seats (not carseats) can be independently forward or rearward facing.

However, it is only available in the USA. I bought mine through eBay. The only practical downside is the weight, but I think this is a problem with most tandem / double pushchairs.

HTH

roomforthree Sun 26-Oct-08 20:54:01

Oh, and even with shipping costs, import duty and VAT, it is cheaper than the iCandy Pear.

RGPargy Sun 26-Oct-08 21:43:01

Wow that looks amazing! Thanx for the link, i will pass it on!

nappyaddict Sun 26-Oct-08 23:24:52

also with the icandy pear the actual seats of it can only be used from 6 months.

nappyaddict Sun 26-Oct-08 23:25:00

same for the zoom.

MatNanPlus Sun 26-Oct-08 23:48:59

That is a very groovy pram RoomForThree

nappyaddict Mon 27-Oct-08 21:33:42

The kolcraft one isn't suitable from birth though cos it only has a 135 degree recline.

wontbepreggersagain Thu 30-Oct-08 14:18:16

MIA MODA GEMELLO with two car seats and bases which are isofix- about £500!! fab.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: