Talk

Advanced search

How long did your twins share a cot for?

(11 Posts)
northernkiwi Tue 21-Oct-08 18:56:59

Hello,

My girls are 7 1/2 months old now and share a cotbed. They sleep in Grobags and generally all is well. I've noticed that DT1 is getting more active in the cot and starting to keep DT2 awake or try and wake her up. Also, I need to get them into 6-18month Grobags which are massive and I am little worried about one of them getting their 'tail' over the other ones face! shock
Can I have advice please? How long did people have their babies share a cot? What are people's generally experience on this? What age to they start really tormenting each other??!?! Should I be getting a second cot bed soon...?

Thanks!

duckyfuzz Tue 21-Oct-08 19:05:00

mine didn't share for as long as yours have, so not sure how much longer you'll get away with it!

MarsLady Tue 21-Oct-08 19:07:18

Mine shared until they were 10 months when DT1 (Little Miss Houdini) taught DT2 (Little Mr Gullible) how to break out of it! I then put them in separate travel cots which they hated until LMH taught LMG how to throw himself against the closing mechanism until the side collapsed.

They are 4.5yo now and end up in the other's bed at some point in the night (better that than mine as LMH wriggles and pinches). smile

kristatwin Tue 21-Oct-08 19:44:32

Hi northernkiwi, mine shared a cotbed till they were 12 months and they were fine, think they liked the company, they are now 13 month and are now in separate cotbeds the transition went well aswell.

Neenztwinz Tue 21-Oct-08 20:44:52

They shared for about ten weeks... They are 24 weeks old now and don't even share the same room now.

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Tue 21-Oct-08 20:47:46

Mine never shared - but if you are concerned is there any way you can put their cots side by side so they can still see each other? That way they'll have none of the problems but will be close enough to know their twin is still near.

Neeerly3 Tue 21-Oct-08 20:59:28

mine shared a travel cot in our room for a few weeks, then moved into a cotbed seperated by a Safababy sleeper - but they were prem, so tiny for longer....once they started to fill their half of the cot, we moved them into their own room and into a cot each, but side by side so they could still see each other.

glamourbadger Tue 21-Oct-08 21:16:54

Mine shared a cotbed for about the first 7 months - I had them at either foot. They both started pushing up with their feet and I was worried they would bang heads! Moved them to separate cots and neither seemed to notice. TBH I think it would be easier to move them into their own beds before they become too aware of things. I have heard lots of stories about twins being comforted by having their twin near but mine didn't seem to notice each other existed till around 10 months!

OptimistS Tue 21-Oct-08 22:07:01

Mine shared until they were abuot 4 months old and then I put them in separate cots. They could see each other but like glamourbadger's mine didn't seem to bothered about each other until they were quite a few months old. Possibly because they were boy/girl twins rather than identical?

Neenztwinz Wed 22-Oct-08 09:23:35

Mine are boy/girl twins and don't seem to notice each other much (they are six months old). Certainly aren't bothered about being separated at night (and never 'settled each other' as newborns!).

northernkiwi Wed 22-Oct-08 10:49:05

thanks so much everyone! I have ordered a new cot today after reading all your messages. mine are identical girls and quite interested in each other, but I am guessing that will only get worse. I get really anxious at night about them potentially smothering each other! probably silly, but I'm going to get rid of the worry and get on with it. Grobags are great, but when they go up a size they are totally enormous for such a long time!

thanks a lot

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: