Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New(ish) mum of twins, just saying hello and what are the rules?

(28 Posts)
teasleepfood Fri 10-Oct-08 19:08:59

Good evening, I have been watching MN for a while and have had the temerity to post a couple of thoughts in conversations. It just seems a bit rude - no one knows me from adam and I feel as if I'm butting in. Am I?
Can you guys let me know what is the etiquette? You all seem to know each other well and I feel as if I'm the new girl at school!
BTW twins 10 months old and all is fine!

duckyfuzz Fri 10-Oct-08 19:29:20

hello teasleepfood - good name, very apt

join the gang on the d'y ever thread, don't be scared, they're mostly quite tame! what flavour are your twins?

Onlyjoking Fri 10-Oct-08 19:35:46

Hello and welcome, just post when and where you feel like it, have a nosy at peoples profiles/photos and pop into the multiples bit they are a lovely bunch,i have twin girls who are 14.
there are no rules as such cos we would just breal them you see wink

Rubyrubyruby Fri 10-Oct-08 20:11:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duckyfuzz Fri 10-Oct-08 20:14:36

well done rubes

teasleepfood Fri 10-Oct-08 21:01:00

Crikey! I hadn't realised that being clubbed was part of the initiation. Feels like an american frat house. I'm having nothing to do with weird dressing up or small furry animals!
Twins are boy/girl - jobdoneanddon'tcomenearmewiththatthinggagain.

MarsLady Fri 10-Oct-08 22:18:57

The rules are simple. Post here lots!grinwink

NappiesLaGore Fri 10-Oct-08 22:22:52

yo!
welcome
rudeness is a virtue over her... well, butting in anyway. you'll do just fine as you are. enjoy!

Neenztwinz Sat 11-Oct-08 19:51:02

Hello and welcome! No, course you are not butting in... post whenever and whatever you want. But beware... some women on MN are very scary (not on the multiples thread of course!!). But don't be afraid to say what you think.

plj Sat 18-Oct-08 14:46:10

Hi there,

Am hoping no-one minds, but I am new to the site and new to motherhood! Not sure which one scares me the most! My twins are 6 months old, born 2 months prem, a boy and a girl. Dad works on rigs, and I feel like I am going crazy still! Is this normal?!

thanks

MarsLady Sat 18-Oct-08 15:02:03

Yes completely normal!

Welcome! grin

On MN you don't need to apologise for posting. Just jump right in. There's a regular multiples thread where you'll meet lots of us. It always starts d'y ever...

Jump in and say hi.

My DTs are now 4.5yrs old. Time has flown but I remember those early days like yesterday grin

plj Sat 18-Oct-08 20:51:34

Glad to hear I am normal! Sadly the mother in law can't seem to understand why I still having crazy days! Motherhood still scares the life out of me!

MarsLady Sun 19-Oct-08 13:49:29

You have 6 month old DTs, your DH works away... what's not to be crazy about? You hang out with us and you'll see you're more normal that you realised! grin

kristatwin Sun 19-Oct-08 16:56:58

Hi, have twins boy and girl they are 13 months now, is there a twins site for help and advice. Thanks

coochybottom Sun 19-Oct-08 17:15:58

Have you been in touch with TAMBA?(twins & multiple birth association). They also have a helpline where you can talk through problems with trained counsellors who have also had twins.

coochybottom Sun 19-Oct-08 17:21:24

plj I found it very different having twins to having a singleton. Have you been to a local twins club? I found it a great source of support talking to people who knew exactly what it is like. It was also less bitchy than regular toddler groups and everyone helped each other, never looking down on anyone whos child misbehaved.

BibiThree Sun 19-Oct-08 17:27:05

Hi there and welcome!

Another twin mum here (15m girls and a 4yo), the d'ya ever threads are priceless and THE place to go for help and advice, if you can keep up with how fast they go!!!

I don't post often, but lurk every single day.

Anything you want, just shout, the ladies here are amazing. Don't take any mardy-arse comments to heart and pitch in with whatever you've got to say/add/help.

Mumsnet rocks.

kristatwin Sun 19-Oct-08 17:50:58

Thanks, i was wondering wether mumsnet had a twin forum, i know there is one for multiple biths but that is mainly for expectant mums of twins ?

MarsLady Sun 19-Oct-08 19:47:17

I can see you Bibi! Ooh I do hope you managed to pop in and say hi on the d'y ever thread. You know how I feel about lurking you wicked woman! wink

MarsLady Sun 19-Oct-08 19:48:18

Ladies we're here. We don't bite --eat-- --terrify-- newbies. Come say hi!grin

coochybottom Sun 19-Oct-08 20:07:36

We are titled Multiple Births but talk about anything to do with having twins.smile

AbricotsSecs Sun 19-Oct-08 20:52:32

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sun 19-Oct-08 20:54:45

Message withdrawn

MERLYPUSS Sun 19-Oct-08 21:57:43

Yeah. C'mon in. I am a relative newby. But the girlies put up with me (so they can't be all bad grin).

plj Mon 20-Oct-08 08:07:40

Thanks everyone. I haven't managed to a twin club or anything, so it's great to have some contact with 'the outside world'! My health visitor is great supporting me with the twins, must I miss the 'grown up talk' and a bit of banter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now