Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

32 wks and bump dropped

(6 Posts)
Frangipani74 Fri 03-Oct-08 12:35:34

With my first little boy my bump dropped at about 38 wks, now expecting twins and bump has dropped just before 32wks. It's made me a little concerned that it's an indication that they're on their way earlier.

Does anyone know is it usual for bump to drop this early? What has been other people's experiences?

coochybottom Fri 03-Oct-08 19:07:51

Sorry, I dont know the answer to this one. I was told due to complications my twins might be born early. However, I ended up being induced at 37 weeks. Could you ask your Midwife/consultant?

TALLULAHBELLE Fri 17-Oct-08 20:47:26

Funny you should mention this. My friend commented yesterday on how low I was carrying all of a sudden. I'm not quite 28 weeks & it did start to worry me for the same reason you mention. I didn't really drop with DD & she was 41+ weeks. I have m/w appt next week so will enquire & let you know what they say.

fymandbean Fri 17-Oct-08 20:51:11

I dropped at 32 weeks with DS and he arrived at 40 weeks on the dot.... Just be aware that it can mean birth in about 2 weeks...but not always

Frangipani74 Mon 20-Oct-08 10:48:34

Thanks all, I've just recently read in a pregnancy book that it's quite normal for bump to drop as early as 32 wk, so my fears have been allayed, although still anticipating that they might arrive a bit early. I'm 34 wks now and hoping I can make it to 37+ wks.
Tallulahbelle - hope midwife gives you encouraging news regarding your bump.

TALLULAHBELLE Tue 21-Oct-08 20:10:39

Hi - had my hosp appt today & m/w said bump looked fine. Not so much dropped really, more that babies running out of space so you start to carry lower as nowhere else to go if that makes any sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now