Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks pregnant - one lovely heartbeat, one sac...

(6 Posts)
weddingcake Sun 07-Sep-08 15:14:01

Had an early scan yesterday as had had some pain and bleeding - but not heavy bleeding. They found one heartbeat all measuring correctly for dates and then another sac. The lady scanning me thought it had started as a twin pregnancy but that I'd lost the one but then she called someone else into the room who thought that there was a possibility that by next week there would be 2 visible heartbeats.

Anyone any experience of this? My gut feeling is that surely if they were conceived at the same time they should be developing at the same rate but obviously I'm new to this...and still in a bit of shock that there's even a chance it might be twins!

wendiwoo Sun 07-Sep-08 23:04:35

Hi... same thing happened to me. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I think both sacs should be the same size. One of my twins had stopped developing a couple of weeks earlier, i was told it would natually be absorbed by my body. Sometimes I think scans are bad... afterall years ago you may never have known you were carrying twins at all. I hope your pregnancy continues and both babies are okay. Unfortunately I lost both of my babies... but went on to have two more children. I hope you have a better outcome. Fingers crossed for you!

ThisTooWillPass Sun 07-Sep-08 23:11:15

Message withdrawn

lulururu Mon 08-Sep-08 03:08:33

hi weddingcake - fraternal twins can be conceived up to a week apart so perhaps that was what they were referring to. hope so.

weddingcake Mon 08-Sep-08 09:08:26

Thanks for the replies - To be honest I just feel very lucky that there was one healthy heartbeat so if when I go back next week there are two then that's just a bonus!

Onlyjoking Mon 08-Sep-08 09:18:22

i had the same thing, had internal scan at 5 weeks due to bleeeding and previos ectopic, one sac very clear and one heart beat other sac less clear no heart beat, week later two clear sacs and two heart beats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now