Talk

Advanced search

DT's on their way, lots of other kids, advice PLEASE!!

(6 Posts)
loudmouthmum Sat 06-Sep-08 00:02:21

between my other half & I, we already have 5 kids : DSD1,12 DD,10 DSD2,7 DS1,6 & DS2,almost 5. We've just found out I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. HELP! advice from anyone who can give some hints on how to deal with school runs by public transport with 3 of the kids + the splodges once they arrive? Plus, the pregnancy is unlikely to be straightforward, as I have epilepsy and am on anti-convulsants, which I wasn't for any of my other pregnancies. I'm waiting to see the consultant obstetrician. Any advice pleeeeeze!

groovychick2 Sat 06-Sep-08 10:32:37

YIKES!! Do you have anyone nearby who will be able to help you? Focus on getting through your pregnancy and organise some support for after the birth. Lots of people said they would help me but when it came to it didnt!Do you know if they are identical or not? Good Luck! smile

frumpygrumpy Sat 06-Sep-08 16:12:30

We have a regular thread for mums of multiples. Quite a few big families on there too........ the woman you need is largegin&tonic. We are currently hunting her down as she appears to be busy grin

She has, IIRC, 6 children with another on the way (one set of twins in there too).

here we are welcome in!

iamdingdong Sat 06-Sep-08 16:54:04

no advice, but good luck - I only have 1 set of twins, and that's quite enough for me!

largeginandtonic Sat 06-Sep-08 17:36:43

Oh dont worry, will be easy. Honestly you wont even notice. The pregnancy will be the hardest thing, rest as much as you can and take every offer of help.

If you are used to juggling that many children then you will be fine. Get a nice easy one in front of the other double buggy that you can push on and off the bus.

Invest in 2 of everything so they can be plonked in bouncy chairs while you are busy cooking\washing etc...

The other children will be a great help too, mine are fantastic, even the 3 year old is great at dancing to occupy the baby.

I reserve the right to alter all advice once baby #7 arrives and is demonic grin

<< kisses for FG >>

MERLYPUSS Mon 08-Sep-08 21:43:37

I have DTS and am epileptic. I had no seizures whilst pregnant and only a teeny one when the DT's were little. I kinda made the decision not to B/F as it was knackering me out (I wasn't eating)but I did combination feed til 4 mths.
Hope it all goes well for you. When I saw my neuro he waasn't too encouraging about the meds but HAH! we showed him. (went to 37+5 wks)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now