Talk

Advanced search

Aargh!!!

(10 Posts)
threeinthreeyears Thu 21-Aug-08 22:25:38

I am new to MumsNet but having read through some of the discussions I just wanted to share. After the afternoon from hell with my four year old and 22mth old twins, I just wanted to know that I am not alone in just wanting the be the best parent I can but sometimes finding it the most frustrating and thankless task in the world. The worst thing is loving them more than anything on the planet but also wanting to throw them out of the window wink. Although I am over the worst now as I always believe tomorrow is another day (thank God for Scarlett O'Hara) and a I have indulged in a couple of glasses of theraputic red wine, I would love to know I am not struggling alone (don't get me wrong the highs do outweigh the lows), and would love to hear of any top tips to get you through when the little ones are getting you down!

luckylady74 Thu 21-Aug-08 22:29:07

All I can say is that it does get better! My 6 yrold and 3yrold twins are good playmates now and sleep in too.
My only tip is to not sweat the small stuff and don't expext too much of the 4yrold because they're a baby too.

threeinthreeyears Thu 21-Aug-08 22:32:48

Thanks for that, I do think though I already wish their lives away to too much! I do probably expect too much of my 4 yr old, bless him. Fortunately sleeping hasn't been a problem, but we are moving into big beds soon, so probably about to change!

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 22:35:15

do pop over and say hi on the d'y ever threads. We'll join in the screaming if you likegrin

threeinthreeyears Thu 21-Aug-08 22:38:04

Sorry as a MumsNet version can you explain the threads thing. Just popped over and v. confused!!!smile

threeinthreeyears Thu 21-Aug-08 22:39:24

Meant virgin not version, you can tell it was a bad day!

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 22:42:15

a thread is simply what you've started here. An online conversation.

The d'y ever threads were started about 3 or more years ago by FrumpyGrumpy and we all just pile in about our days, our joys, our sadnesses, our mad moments etc.

Just jump in. Introduce yourself (you know... I'm threeinthreeyears I have a 4yo and 22mo DTs) and then natter on. grin

Don't worry about trying to catch up or anything. It's an ongoing conversation that welcomes all.

Welcome to MN. The trick is to develop a thick skin and not take things too personally, stay away from the threads that make your head want to explode and your blood boil and to post post post!!!!!!!! grin

I'm sure you'll have fun!

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 22:42:55

Your version better than the poster who put semen in her dd's hair (she meant serum) grin

MarsLady Thu 21-Aug-08 22:46:43

oh I'm just off (to drink wine and catch up with the Olympics). Don't worry if you don't get instant replies but they will all post at some point.

HoochieMomma got married today - hence all the bouquet throwing

Shabster's niece's dd has just moved from intensive care to high dependency

and FrumpyGrumpy will do a round up of the week's news at some point tomorrow which will let you know what we're all up to.

Hope you enjoy Mumsnet... it's rather addictive! grin

threeinthreeyears Fri 22-Aug-08 21:21:45

I'm back if anyone has any tips or wants to take over the screaming. I am actually smiling today as today was a good day to die take one's three kids to soft play then Pizza Hut (bad mothergrin) and just enjoy being a mum!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now