Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Twin pram

(17 Posts)
Culshaw Thu 31-Jul-08 09:25:50

Just wondering if anyone could recomend a twin pushchair that is sturdy enough for the odd muddy track, high enough for a 6 foot 5'' husband to push without breaking his back and not too bulky.
We have a Maclaren twin techno at the mo which I love but he's really struggling to push it comfortably and its not much use for 'off road'...Any help much appreciated!

pophas2beans Thu 31-Jul-08 10:24:06

Culshaw - I've been looking at the Teutonia Team Alu S4. you can find it on kiddicare.com.

penona Thu 31-Jul-08 10:27:02

We have a nipper out and about which is great for off-roading as has big wheels, my 6ft husband pushes it fine (it is miles easier to push than a Maclaren!). Perhaps I could get him to stand on a 5" box and push it to see!!!

We got it second hand and is in good condition.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 31-Jul-08 10:29:12

Mountain buggys are great, but pricey.

accessorizequeen Fri 01-Aug-08 23:02:42

I saw a nipper out and about yesterday and thought it was fab, very easy to push, big air tyres, looked v.comfy for babies. Other 3 wheeler doubles are the MB urban (swivel wheel) or terrain (fixed wheel) which still go for good prices 2nd hand. Plenty of people on here will rave about both. There's also the Baby Jogger, XTS Twin Twister, Easywalker duowalker, ABC Everest Buggy and Mothercare's urban detour. They range hugely in weight, width (i.e. getting through front door!) and price of course. You can tell I've been researching as expecting dt's in Sept. What are your other criteria?

jjh Thu 07-Aug-08 22:30:44

i have a jane power twin.It is the best on the market for twins. newborns sit in car seats then move into the proper seats as they grow.
we live in the middle of nowhere and i have walked the dog ,gone out in the rain been in the city , gone shopping , the works with this buggy. it is expensive but worth it.

hannah001 Fri 08-Aug-08 09:05:08

jjh... but - for the power twin - you have to use the Rebel car seats don't you? (as Matrix don't fit?) - and I got ranted at in Mothercare about car seats not being suitable to use as pushchair seats for extended periods of time?

tryingtosleep Fri 08-Aug-08 18:49:28

the new season jane comes with a new carseat - strata which is better for newborns i think as they lie flatter

shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=1666

we've got the jane (with rebels) and its fab - only thing is we have to take the wheels off to fit it in the car - so it's worth checking that!

but i love the fact that it's narrow so fits through every gateway/doorway
and it's really easy to manouver!!

MatNanPlus Fri 08-Aug-08 18:56:50

nipper is wider than MB and can get struck in doorways.

hannah001 Fri 08-Aug-08 19:00:48

tryingtosleep - thanks for that - I shall go look it up

lulururu Wed 13-Aug-08 07:09:11

i've got a mountain buggy side by side one and it was the lightest and narrowes of phil and ted, mothercare, babyjogger and one other one i checked out. still had to buy a new car tho to fit it in and it still takes up the entire boot and doesn't fit in some shop doorways or around shop displays. for town, i prefer to just sling them both on me or sling one and carry one but can only do that for about an hour (they're 9mths). recommend the kari-me.com slings. def check out the car fit (and house fit!) i can't get mine thru most of the doors in my house so it only gets set up at the door

lindseyfox Fri 15-Aug-08 10:03:16

hello my sister is selling her mothercare urban detourer hardly used.

http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/88/27419088.html

twinsontheway Tue 19-Aug-08 12:40:37

Hi, I am new to the message board. I am 42, expecting identical twins, and I have a 5 year old girl. Apparently I have an uncommon condition in that the babies are in one sac, and share one placenta, so I am high risk, due to lots of factors. I have already been told that I will need a c-section, around about week 37, if everything is ok up to that week. I feel like a nervous wreck, I have no idea how to cope after a c-section, as I had a vaginal birth last time round. I have another child to look after, and then two more babies. I wish that I could feel happier, but I don't. I have had 3 miscarriages since my daughter so, I should really be delighted that I have reached 13 weeks!! I cannot sleep, even though I am exhausted. I get up around about 3.00am, and stay up for a couple of hours. Can anyone offer any tips/advice for getting rest and helping me through the whole twins issue. Thanks in advance

mamadiva Tue 19-Aug-08 12:45:26

My mum has a twin emmaljunga Cerox is absolutely brilliant! It has a reversible handle, lies completely flat, adjustable handle, mosquito net etc. Is large and pricey but is well worth the money. I bought the single one because I loved it so much.

She's eeling it for £150 because the twins are too big for it now.

pophas2beans Wed 20-Aug-08 10:39:16

mamadiva - has she still got it for sale? My mum is looking to buy one as she will be looking after my twins when I'm at work.

GettingBiggerBird Wed 20-Aug-08 14:31:13

Twinsontheway - try one of the other threads, like this one which has lots of twin experts including some health care profs/doulas www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1216/586962, or join us here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2290/453417 if you're up to talking to others expecting twins - a couple of them are having ID twins too so know what you're going through. There's lots of info on the Tamba website but it depends on whether you're prepared to take all the rough with the smooth - I scared myself to death reading all the stuff on there in the early stages of my pg but I'd rather be informed, in the long run it calms me. You can also try the MN pregnancy threads for advice on how to cope with a CS, or your correct ante-natal thread (February 09?) for some company.

accessorizequeen Wed 20-Aug-08 20:34:37

Twinsontheway, can totally understand why you're so worried. But getting to 13 weeks is really great, I know you may not feel like that. When I found out I was having twins (non-id, I'm 34 weeks now) I panicked big-time and cried for about a month straight. Took me a long time to feel excited about it. It sounds as though for you maybe trying to find out some information & reassurance about the 3 big things that are worrying you (twins, id twins and the section) might help you to calm down a bit? And maybe just finding something positive about the twins to think about might start to help you feel better - for me, it was when a friend came to visit with her (adorable, gorgeous!) twins and I thought, they're just babies after all, not so scary! Up until then it was all theory & that was making me panic more.

GBB and I are both over on the 2nd thread she linked to if you'd like to come & join us? It does help, a lot, to chat about it all with others in a similar position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now