Talk

Advanced search

CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME A DOUBLE BUGGY???????

(37 Posts)
sambrads Fri 15-Feb-08 09:20:16

hi ya i have a ds that will be 2 when this baby is born and i am having a really hard time finding a pram that suits .

i wanted the mama and papa aria but dont think i want it now as i have heard alot of bad things about it .

all advice welcome grin

oliviaelanasmum Fri 15-Feb-08 09:23:05

I have a Maclaren Twin Traveller, the seats fold flat for a newborn, they come with headhuggers and footmuffs, easy to push/steer and fairly compact when folded.

oliviaelanasmum Fri 15-Feb-08 09:23:34

*lie flat* !!!

tillytally Fri 15-Feb-08 09:44:32

I have a jane powertwin, It is great.
Its one where the dc are in front of each other.
It fits easily through doorways, Isnt a bad size when folded. Not too heavy.
Very easy to manouvre.
When the new baby can sit you can put hem in front and older behind so they can both see around.
Bit pricey, but i tried cheaper ones and still ended up forking out for this as well

Ledodgy Fri 15-Feb-08 09:47:42

I have a 2 year old and a newborn and have got the Phil and ted's Sport and doubles kit. It is fab and the best thing about it is it can convert easily back to the single pram when the double kit is removed. It also retains it's value well if you sell it on. it's a dream to push and you can actually get in doorways!

sophiewd Fri 15-Feb-08 09:56:04

We have just got a p&t as well for a 2 year old and new born

sambrads Fri 15-Feb-08 10:35:47

do you not find it strange the newborn underneath i dont think i would like that do you have everything for it?????

galaxymummy Fri 15-Feb-08 12:42:57

have you seen i candy pear??

Ledodgy Fri 15-Feb-08 15:21:22

No the newborn is really cosy in the cocoon but the best thing about it is the faces on people when they see there is a baby under there. grin

sambrads Fri 15-Feb-08 16:03:41

dont think the i candy pear is practical . it is very expensive and you have to take the whole pram apart before you can fold it done which would be a nightmare

i will have to take another look at the phil and teds

Kathyis6incheshigh Fri 15-Feb-08 16:06:31

We absolutely love our Phil & Ted. It's way more manoeuvrable than a tandem or side-by-side, but the best thing is just how easily the doubles kit goes on and off - ie it just clips on in an instant.

sambrads Fri 15-Feb-08 16:12:11

what all did you buy ???

how much did it cost???

chopster Fri 15-Feb-08 16:22:00

Either a nipper, or a jane powertwin. Power twin is great if you tend to drive everywhere, because it works as a travel system for a newborn. Plus that means you can see and talk to your baby. Nipper if you walk everywhere, because it is an absolute dream to push.

sorry but the phil and teds is vile in my opinion. I really don't understand how anyone can put their newborn baby down that low - what about exhaust fumes? OR interaction? Then once they are sitting up, they are stuck wiht the back of a seat to stare at, and they look cramped and frustrated.

BibiThree Fri 15-Feb-08 16:26:26

I love our nipper, very light, easy to turn/push and has everything we need without being fussy and covered in bits you never use. BUT I have 7mo twins, no idea what a side by side would be like would be like for different ages chidlren.

Big vote for the Nipper (Out n About Instep Nipper 360)

posieflump Fri 15-Feb-08 16:29:17

our maclaren twin was fine for a 2 year old and a newborn

chopster Fri 15-Feb-08 16:30:36

nipper is fine with different aged children, I sometimes have my ds1 in it, he is a very big 5yo.

slinkiemalinki Tue 17-Jun-08 17:26:29

Bump- any more maclaren comments/experience? DD will be 2.5 when baby comes and intend to use buggy board some of the time but want something easy to fold in the car and so she can be sheltered in filthy weather.
Initially thought I would go for P&T Vibe but looks heavy and expensive and I just don't want to put my newborn on the bottom shelf after DD was pampered in her bugaboo!
DD will be too heavy for the back seat.

mummyofbeautifultwingirls Tue 17-Jun-08 20:10:06

I have a maclaren one and it keeps falling apart shock(have to carry a screw-driver with me!) And I don't like to use it too often because I can't see my angels!

I also have a First Wheels City Twin which I LOVE... It can either have 2 cot bits for new borns, 2 sitting up bits for 6m+ or one of each! They can face you or face away and it comes in a multitude of colours.

Brand new they can be quite pricey but I was very fortunate and got one from EBAY for half the price of a brand new one. grin

mummyofbeautifultwingirls Tue 17-Jun-08 20:12:00

Forgot to say that I know a few people with the aria and I don't think they have a problem with it. My firend has just bought one and I believe they have £50 off at the moment.

Dummymumm Tue 17-Jun-08 20:14:27

i LOVE my twin aria!!! got 9mth dd and hefty 18kg 2.4yo ds. i used to be stuck in before i bought one 6 months ago. had a ghastly tandem which was hell to get up the kerbs. this is much better. if you live near me (south west) you're welcome to try mine to see how you get on with it

forkhandles Tue 17-Jun-08 20:24:08

I was given maclaren twin traveller and bought nipper double. There are pros and cons to both. I find the Nipper lighter and easier to steer esp one handed which can be important if you want to hold your toddlers hand. But now DTs are bigger (2.7) they aren't comfy in the Nipper seats as they don't seem to sit them upright enough, they are a bit buckety. They are much more comfy now in the maclaren but I find it a nightmare to push. It's heavy to stear and difficult to bump up kerbs but because they prefer it I persevere!!

lassie1 Wed 25-Jun-08 11:38:06

Hi would like to suggest as I learned from experience!That expensive buggies are a waste of money especially those with pneumatic tyres!I went through 3 twin buggies have twin boys who are now nearly 3 yrs.Consider getting Mothercare's cheapest £149-Tandem buggy-easy to use and durable and it lasted!,I had originally bought a Maclaren double twin (too wide for shops buses etc),then a Mothercare double with pneumatic tyres(air filled)which lasted about 6 mnths!
Keeping to the budget range can pay off!

wontbepreggersagain Wed 25-Jun-08 11:39:42

mia moda- thgere are 2 new ones out in july

twelveyeargap Wed 25-Jun-08 11:49:30

I bought this Zoom Tandem online. It's arriving tomorrow, so if you're interested, I can let you know more about it when I have it set up.

iluvobi Fri 27-Jun-08 23:16:49

i'm seriously considering the Zoom tandem, but have to buy it by next week, if anyone has it, can they tell me more about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now