Talk

Advanced search

When did your bump start getting in the way?

(7 Posts)
crazychemist Sun 19-Jul-20 18:33:39

Hi there,

Currently 20 weeks with twins, and I’m amazed that I’m suddenly finding my bump hugely inconvenient! It feels like it’s much higher (sort of under my ribs) than my previous, singleton pregnancy was until MUCH later. Bending down is getting really quite hard, and lifting my 3yo (or anything heavy) suddenly seems really difficult.

Is this a normal part of expecting multiples? I knew I’d be bigger, but there can’t be much more than 2lb of baby in total at this stage, so I’m astonished I’m already finding it hard.

OP’s posts: |
Jilljams Sun 19-Jul-20 18:36:36

Suddenly at 24 weeks my bump started to get in way be uncomfortable. I had them at 32 weeks and by that stage I was measuring more than full term single bumps. I hate to think how I’d have coped if I’d have carried to term as I was so uncomfortable.

LittleMiss7 Mon 20-Jul-20 09:27:13

Yup - I'm 26+6 and noticed a few weeks ago that my bump was becoming inconveniently bigger all of a sudden 😂 yesterday I got stuck in a doorway that wouldn't open fully and usually wouldn't of been an issue but I keep forgetting about bump and how I won't just slip through anymore lol xx

crazychemist Mon 20-Jul-20 17:27:18

Thanks, it makes me feel a bit better that I’m not the only one to feel massive, although it does sound like I’m a bit early to be so massive, I dread to think how I’m going to cope when I’m 30+ weeks! I feel like I’ve gone from first trimester exhaustion/vomiting straight to the troubles I had with my singleton pregnancy in third trimester! What happened to the “blooming” bit in the middle??? confused

perfumeistooexpensive Mon 20-Jul-20 17:47:12

My DD measured 52 weeks at 31 weeks and couldn't walk with fraternal twins. Luckily they were born healthy at 31 weeks. She had excess fluid round each baby. Maybe you could be checked for this?

Greengrapes1357 Mon 20-Jul-20 18:25:43

I measured 40 weeks at 22 weeks. I started to show by 9 weeks. Was enormous by induction at 37 weeks. I did have twins that had a combined weight of 12lb12 and two placentas. It was awful at the time but you soon forget.

crazychemist Tue 21-Jul-20 10:32:10

@perfumeistooexpensive I have scans every fortnight (MCDA twins) so I’ll ask at my next one. I’m pretty sure they check this for TTTTS, so I think they would have said something last time if they thought it was odd, but I have grown a fair bit in the last two weeks, so I’ll ask about it specifically and see what they say.

@Jilljams had you been expecting to have them at 32 weeks? My consultant said ideally we’d be aiming for 35-36 weeks for delivery, and I’ll be seeing him at 30 weeks to get a final decision on that. 32 weeks sounds a bit early - do you mind me asking if there was a reason?

@Greengrapes1357 eeek! Nearly 13lbs of baby and two placentas sounds tough! My singleton only weighed 6lbs, so your twins were probably each bigger than her! Honestly, I’m not very tall and don’t have a particularly large frame, so I suspect I just wouldn’t be able to sustain that much baby.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in