Talk

Advanced search

Is brown discharge at 8 weeks pregnant with twins normal?

(8 Posts)
babysharkah Thu 18-Jul-19 21:52:42

I had it at 8-10 weeks and then a huge bleed at 12, it was an anterior placenta. Dts fine, very early but for other reasons.

Bringonspring Thu 18-Jul-19 21:27:09

I had it with both of mine and both born fine. Will keep fingers crossed for you

costacoffeecup Thu 18-Jul-19 21:25:03

I had this at eight weeks. Was sort of a dark orange/brown. All fine.

MrsEG Thu 18-Jul-19 21:18:51

Thank you @usersouthcoast @Lou573 that’s put my mind at ease! Very hit and miss and often barely there. Thank you!!

Lou573 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:17:50

Normal for my single pregnancy throughout whole first trimester - they spotted a haemotoma on the scan that just made its way out.

usersouthcoast Thu 18-Jul-19 19:16:48

Very similar to you also, very mucusy, and hit and miss as to whether or not it would happen that day.

I'm told it's normal smile

usersouthcoast Thu 18-Jul-19 19:15:48

It's been normal for me with my twin pregnancy, I'm now 10 weeks and this has stopped.
Have been for two scans already, and both showed healthy heartbeats

MrsEG Tue 16-Jul-19 17:03:06

Hello all,

I am just hoping anyone can share their own stories, really.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with non-identical twins (separate sacs). I’ve had two scans already which both looked perfectly healthy, the last being at 7+2.

I am already consultant led due to having several losses before this pregnancy (which has happened naturally) hence all the additional care, and I am taking various medications also (prednisolone, clexane, aspirin).

2 days ago I woke and had brown, mucus-y discharge when I wiped. Went on a long walk with the dog and there was more that afternoon. Then nothing yesterday, but I have had it again today several times.

My consultant isn’t worried and says it could be the placentas forming; but I am going out of my mind worrying about it. I’ve tried to hard to stay calm in this pregnancy and the scans we had really reassured me, but now I feel really anxious.

Is this normal?? I know brown is generally no cause for concern and just keep an eye on it but my next scan isn’t for 2 weeks which feels like an age away right now.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »