Talk

Advanced search

Worn out

(5 Posts)
sotosey Tue 16-Jul-19 07:07:42

I'm a mum to 2 year old toddler twins and I feel like checking out. I'm googling, I regret having children and ache all over.

I decided to stay at home for a bit because with twins - I didn't feel ready after maternity ended and I had to go back sooner because I had to start maternity sooner. I want to go back to work for my mental health. I've applied for a few jobs but just waiting back to hear.

It's a stressful time not knowing where I'll be working, then sorting out childcare (I just feel so lost with all of this and my anxiety is through the roof).

I'm also gutted over my mum. She never comes to visit because she has to work but I need her so much right now. I don't have a problem with her working obviously but she complains about working and I just don't have the energy to listen to her. She's said she doesn't agree with nursery and thinks parents should stay at home.

My husband and in laws are very supportive.

isitwhatitis Tue 16-Jul-19 07:10:49

Financially do you need to work ? When does the hours at nursery start? Could you hang on for that and do some volunteering somewhere for a while ?

sotosey Tue 16-Jul-19 07:24:39

No I don't need to work financially but I would if I needed to pay for childcare.

isitwhatitis Tue 16-Jul-19 11:12:33

You get free hours at nursery nowadays don't you ?

sotosey Tue 16-Jul-19 14:34:23

Not for under 3s.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »