Talk

Advanced search

Early scan showed twins, but possible third heartbeat??

(4 Posts)
MrsEG Thu 11-Jul-19 15:37:39

Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation!

I am under consultant care due to recurrent loss and as such with this pregnancy was offered an early scan at 6.5 weeks. The scan showed twins - non-identical in two separate sacs, with heartbeats.

The slight confusion is that in one sac, three sonographers all agreed they thought they were maybe seeing two heartbeats (twin one all fine and just the one heartbeat!). As it was so early, they did say this could even be my own heartbeat interfering, but they couldn’t rule out two babies in sac 2.

I have a re-scan tomorrow to hopefully confirm, but as it is now the day before I’m feeling a little nervous and just wondered if anyone had ever experienced anything similar! They did say to have three like this and conceived naturally would be incredibly rare, but as this stage they wouldn’t want to rule it out completely.

Thanks!

Abi58 Fri 12-Jul-19 20:18:17

Hi I didn't want to read and run I'm nt even expecting twins that I know of I'm 6 weeks tomorrow but stalking this board just have a weird feeling I have twins (could be completely wrong!) (sorry for the long intro just to explain why I'm here lol)

So sorry for you losses but it's good that you're being well looked after. Wow that sounds amazing! Did you find out today??

MrsEG Fri 12-Jul-19 22:21:26

@Abi58 I dreamt about twins in the early days, thought nothing of it at the time!
Yes all fine today - definitely twins, the sonographer thinks the other ‘flicker’ is just part of the sac wall smile Good luck with your pregnancy!

Abi58 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:25:11

@MrsEG aw that's amazing congratulations!!!
And thank you ☺️ wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »