Talk

Advanced search

I just want these twins OUT - how did you cope in last few weeks?

(14 Posts)
Cosmogirl86 Fri 28-Jun-19 13:34:15

I'm 31 weeks with MCDA twins, planning to schedule elcs 36/7 weeks if all goes well

But i. I'm really struggling. I'm really out of breath all the time, my back hurts, I'm tired. I am on maternity leave now which helps.

I am really excited and happy to be pregnant but it's just so hard right now, and I feel utterly defeated when I think about another whole five weeks ahead.

How did you cope?

Hobbes39 Sun 30-Jun-19 08:53:00

Hi @Cosmogirl86 - I can't give you any advice but saw your post as I'm feeling the same and I'm only 27w with much longed for DCDA twins.
I'm feeling really tearful today as we are on a short break away, (just a couple of hours drive from home) which was meant to be relaxing and fun, but I'm actually just feeling miserable as the bed and pillows are too hard so I am not sleeping well as keep waking up with pain, I'm shattered, I'm unable to do things i usually do, my 5 year old is super excited to be here but that's making him run off and do daft things which is stressing me out as I can run after him. While I'm officially on Mat leave now, now dreading the fact I have 6 weeks of me doing full time childcare - work is easier!
So if anyone comes along and can give advice, then I'm all ears too. Good luck to you for the next few weeks x

Happychappy33 Mon 01-Jul-19 22:16:40

I can’t give you any advice but just say that I was where you are this time last year. It’s not fun and 5 weeks seems like 5 years. You will look back though and it won’t have seemed so long...time flies when they come believe me! Try taking some pressure off yourself to do anything, other than a good Netflix series or some good books. The time will pass, try and rest up as much as you can. Good luck, twins are hard work but fun!

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Mon 01-Jul-19 22:19:52

Bonkers as it might sound, I'd go to the gym. I spent the last few weeks of my pg going quite regularly. Just fairly gentle stuff, obvs, but I am convinced it helped me stay sane (sort of) and got me ready for the rigours of twin labour!

OxanaVorontsova Mon 01-Jul-19 22:22:45

I moved house at 34 weeks, they arrived at 35, bit extreme though grin seriously though, hard as it is, make the most of these last days/weeks of peace xx

1984isHappeningNow Mon 01-Jul-19 22:47:45

The last few weeks I hunkered down with box sets, books and DH made me a pack lunch and a flask of tea before he left for work. I needed a chair half way to the toilet as the 40ft walk was too much in one go.

Dd1 was only 2 so she ended up in nursery full time with relatives picking her up, and bringing her home for the last few weeks, just before DH got home.

It was hard! I wasn't very mobile, especially the last couple of weeks.

Crappy TV was the best, as I didn't need to concentrate. I still have fond memories of the Vampire Diariesgrin

I had a feeding/rocking chair with footstool which was a godsend as it was easier to get up from, and more supportive. I kind of nested there, with everything in reach.

Hairwizard Thu 04-Jul-19 19:56:48

Ive been struggling since around 28weeks. (33+6 now) was with cons today and cs booked for 30th! Cant.fucking.wait!! She actually said most of her ladies with twins find they are ok til about 28/29 wks then the wheels come off and its a struggle. Made me feel better to know it wasnt just me being a wuss lol. Sat on sofa now with food in oven for tea.
Dp took dd and ds to beach for a bit and they are on wsy home and straight to bed after dinner! Peace at last!

catoney Fri 05-Jul-19 21:31:18

Its hard but so worth it. Just have a chill. Netflix. And nap. It will all be over soon. Good luck x

Hobbes39 Thu 11-Jul-19 11:51:46

I'm grateful for your post @Hairwizard - I've been struggling and it's got really bad now I'm almost 29w. The good news is our babies are measuring a really good size (both about 3lbs already supposedly), which is v reassuring as I know if they come early the stronger they are the better, but I'm finding it SO tough. I passed out last week (I'm not usually a fainter) - was checked over at hospital and they think it's just low blood pressure / dehydration... felt a bit better the day or 2 afterwards, but now feeling really vulnerable again - just had to turn the car around on my way to the supermarket as I realised I was feeling dodgy and like I might faint and had my 5yo in the car too. Thankfully got home ok, but feeling really upset that I'm unable to do ANYTHING at all it seems 😪. Just feel bad for my DS. He's sat watching tv now while I write this as I can't do anything to entertain him, have had to send my DH to the shop for milk.
It makes me feel a bit better knowing that other people feel the wheels come off around this stage, but how do you deal with having a child already & it being summer holidays 🙈 so no childcare options...??

MuchTooTired Thu 18-Jul-19 01:32:05

I gave up at around 32 weeks, I was just too huge and uncomfortable. My bump was too big to drive further than 5 mins away from home, it was horrible! I had a countdown on my phone of the number of days until my elcs, and would cross them off one by one and clung to that for the last few weeks.

I ended up with pe at 36 weeks, and I’ve never been so pleased to get sick in my life, becuase they got the babies out of me at 36+5!

Hairwizard Tue 23-Jul-19 12:22:16

My twins arrived esrly on 7th july!! Went in on the 6th to get checked at assessment unit to end up being admitted due to regular mild contractions. They were reason i went in.
Twins home on sunday there and doing well!! So glad thats all over me now! Ladies if you arent feeling right in any way go get checked. You never know.

MuchTooTired Wed 24-Jul-19 22:37:14

Congratulations @Hairwizard! I hope you and the babies are well 🌹

Hairwizard Thu 25-Jul-19 12:01:47

Thank you! They are doing great so far! Feeding and sleeping mostly. This is easy bit, onve they are few weeks on they be awake more. Then the fun starts!!

Hobbes39 Fri 26-Jul-19 16:05:46

Congratulations @Hairwizard!
Great you are all home and well 😊
were you 35w when they arrived?

I'm very jealous - 31w now and SO HOT and so fed up.. but obv desperate to keep these guys cooking as long as I can to keep them safe, but these last few weeks are dragging...!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »