Talk

Advanced search

2 sets of twins!

(3 Posts)
Carriebella29 Wed 20-Feb-19 13:11:02

I'm a mum of 5. Singleton is 7, b/g twins are 6 and another set of b/g twins who have just turned 1.
Anyone else have 2 sets? My older children are currently a nightmare, full of attitude and stops. I try to give each one valuable time with me but its soo hard finding time for everything.
Anyone have any hints and tips of coping with a big family? Xxx

WrathOfGrapes Fri 15-Mar-19 16:44:29

Hi OP.
I have triplet girls from my previous relationship and DP has twin boys of the same age as the triplets and an older girl. We have a DS together as well.
Not quite what you're after but we have five 4 year olds (fucking chaos), one 7 year old and a 2 year old.

Honestly, the best thing I can recommend is a good routine that doesn't feel like you're in the army. It's very hard to get the balance right. Also, the good thing about having lots of DC is that they always have someone else to play with so you aren't always at their beck and call. "Go and play with X" is something said quite frequently in this house. Of course quality time with the DC is great but children do develop their own world that you aren't part of and it's good to let them be by themselves sometimes.
It's hard, isn't it? smile

Mishappening Fri 15-Mar-19 16:48:00

I got on a train once and there was a family of Hassidic Jews. They had 7 children - a singleton and 3 sets of twins - and Mum was pregnant and looking VERY large! - gulp!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »