Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad to consider this?

(10 Posts)
didihearthatright123456 Mon 07-Jan-19 14:30:55

Going on holiday to Cornwall (approx 5 hour drive) when our twins will be 5 months old? We'd have a big self catering cottage near lots of amenities and the beach. Looking to go mid September. We'd need to book it fairly soon as this place books up really quickly.

Oh and we'd have our dog with us as well grin

Excitedforxmas Mon 07-Jan-19 14:42:34

Sounds perfect .

irenaballerina Mon 07-Jan-19 14:43:17

I think it would be ok, just stop twice

BobTheDuvet Mon 07-Jan-19 14:45:08

Depends how they like the car? My youngest hated being in her car seat and screamed if she was in it awake, so I would not have done this with her. My elders ones all just fell quickly to sleep and it would have been fine.

babysharkah Mon 07-Jan-19 14:51:49

Better than when they're on the move.

Is it buggy friendly though? Hauling a double buggy up and down steps/ across sand / dirt tracks isn't fun!

didihearthatright123456 Mon 07-Jan-19 15:09:36

Thanks everyone

this is the cottage we want to book

www.crwholidays.co.uk/cottages/trewestcot-rock-54.html

it's all on one level which is very handy. Garden is perfect for the dog. We're getting an out n about double nipper so has "off road" wheels for the sand/cobbles.

I'm just nervous about booking a holiday before they are even born (they're due in April).

Cornwall, especially this area of Cornwall, is our most happy place and somewhere we've gone for the last few years. I really would like to go again this year but I'm just worried that we'd be taking too much on.

homegrownmumma Mon 07-Jan-19 15:17:17

We drove up to London from Cornwall when my little boy was 5 months old , best to time it early hours in the morning so they sleep

willisurvive3under2 Mon 07-Jan-19 23:29:38

We went abroad with 4 month old twins and a toddler! You'll be fine in Cornwall smile

BobTheDuvet Tue 08-Jan-19 15:30:41

House looks absolutely gorgeous and very twins baby friendly grin

Waterdropsdown Thu 10-Jan-19 12:18:31

Don’t worry about the drive we did 10+ hour journey (split into 7 hours/3 hours) 4 times in my twins first year first time at 4 months. It won’t be pretty but will be fine!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »