Talk

Advanced search

It's hard sometimes

(6 Posts)
bigspagbol Sat 05-Jan-19 16:01:42

Having a rant and a big old moan...

I'm sitting here feeling a but worn out. My twins are nearly 11 months and I've gone back to work 2 days because I'd have to pay part of my maternity allowance back otherwise. It's hard because I don't enjoy it and when I return to my twins I'm drained from work. I plan to leave and find something I enjoy.

On maternity leave, my in laws would take them for a full afternoon every week and I'd get a chance to meet up with my husband on his lunch break and clean the house/get some order /plan the week etc.

I try and get them to nap together but Christmas has been and they've been out of a routine. They are tired , I'm tired. We've done something everyday for 2 weeks. Seeing family - me trying to catch up with friends. Prep for Christmas.

My own parents are less involved but they try their best. I would love more help from them but that's that. I hang out more with my mother in law than my mother. sad

Twins are hard sometimes. It's harder than one baby.

milliejones25x Sun 06-Jan-19 18:38:28

I can assure you right now you're doing so much better than you think you are and your kids are going to be so thankful for you when they're older, you sound like a great mum managing with twins! Just keep doing what you are and the rest will follow in your lead xx

AlpacaLypse Sun 06-Jan-19 18:46:33

The tipping point for me came when the girls were about 18 months old, they started entertaining each other, and had finally sorted out this strange thing I'd been dreaming of for so long called 'sleeping at the same time' smile I had a lot of friends from antenatal etc who were at this point pregnant with second babies, and suddenly I realised I had more time and energy than they did. Good luck and best wishes

bigspagbol Sun 06-Jan-19 19:46:41

Thank you so much. It's leading up to their first birthday so I'm emotional I think.

ScrunchyBook Wed 09-Jan-19 15:37:06

It's super hard yes! You sound very worn out, which happens to us all.
I work full time, but I enjoy my job and that massively helps.
Easier said than done, but I'd try to focus some time on finding a job that gives you more joy.
Our twins are 2 and at every stage it's getting easier, hang in there

TwinPair Thu 10-Jan-19 01:07:32

It is hard. Our DTs are 11 months. They're great and I love them but I'm finding it hard at the moment. sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »